Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNCrules2187

Rivera talked to (wanted?) Norv

71 posts in this topic

if someone beats you to something, you were too slow.

He couldn't go making contingency plans when he didn't even know if his OC was leaving.

Why not? That is what smart, forward thinkers do.

You don't wait until events happen, and then say, oh okay, I better think about what I'm going to do now.

The organization was slow and indecisive this offseason. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't, but from JR on down, we were not decisive in resolving our coaching staff issues.

Why not? That is what smart, forward thinkers do.

You don't wait until events happen, and then say, oh okay, I better think about what I'm going to do now.

The organization was slow and indecisive this offseason. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't, but from JR on down, we were not decisive in resolving our coaching staff issues.

that works its way down to the field as well.

so afraid of making the wrong decisions that we wait until it's too late to make the best one.

ya'll are missing the wild card here......

I believe a man took advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity............ to work with his son.

if young Mr. Turner had stayed here...........we'd have both.

ya'll are missing the wild card here......

I believe a man took advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity............ to work with his son.

if young Mr. Turner had stayed here...........we'd have both.

I also think Scott was the main factor here.

Sounds like Chudzinski was discussing the possibilities with Scott ahead of time ("hey, if I get a head coaching job..."). To be fair, that's a lot easier discussion to have than "Hey Norv, if you get canned..." :unsure:

Why didn't Chud attempt to ****** Shula away with him?

I see what you did there <_<

I also think Scott was the main factor here.

Sounds like Chudzinski was discussing the possibilities with Scott ahead of time ("hey, if I get a head coaching job..."). To be fair, that's a lot easier discussion to have than "Hey Norv, if you get canned..." :unsure:

probably so, but even then it's a case of chud thinking ahead while rivera's struggling to keep his head above water.

Why the browns tho....

Chud to bring in Russell for QB.

A team has to get permission to interview candidates that are already on other teams (i.e. Hue Jackson), we can't request permission until we officially have an opening. How could we prepare a contingency plan if we aren't allowed to while we still had an OC.

A team has to get permission to interview candidates that are already on other teams (i.e. Hue Jackson), we can't request permission until we officially have an opening. How could we prepare a contingency plan if we aren't allowed to while we still had an OC.

Good point. But the disgruntled will have you believe Rivera never had a plan B to begin with.

Rivera probably did know that the posibility of Chud leaving was high. When it finally happened, he had a small pool from which to pick. He wanted Norv, but lost out. So he picked Shula out of what he had.

Was Shula the best choice. Probably at this time yes. There are times when you only get what you can, and not what you actually want. This is one of those times.

I love how the disgruntled CLAIM that it is a one year gig anyway. They just know we are going to fail. You cannot dissway them. So you might as well let them grumble. To me it is entertaining. The negativity is funny, maybe not entirely unwarranted, but funny none the less.

2 people like this