Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Penetta removes military ban on women in combat

99 posts in this topic

Posted

WASHINGTON (AP) — Panetta removes military ban on women in combat, opening thousands of front line positions.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/panetta-removes-military-ban-women-combat-opening-thousands-front-line-positions

How do you all feel about this?

Posted

can i send my wife?

she'd have that shiat wrapped up but quick.

Posted

If in the military...sure.

Same rules apply. All rules.

Posted

can i send my wife?

she'd have that shiat wrapped up but quick.

X2 - sounds like my wife.

Between the both of them I imagine we can extricate our military from all middle east conflicts within the next 6 months.

Posted

I think it's a bad idea.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it's a bad idea.

I do too...but if they are in the military...they are IN the military.

Posted

Is this before or after watching that woman, Sec Clinton, bitchslap those senators around today?

Posted

Woman have been in combat for years now. If you've been to Iraq and been part of convoys you would know that

Posted

Clinton was cockslapped by Rand

Posted

JERUSALEM -- A deadly shootout last week along Israel's border with Egypt has shined a spotlight on Israel's only mixed female and male combat unit, granting some recognition to a group that has faced much skepticism and often been the butt of jokes since its inception.

The Caracal battalion's response to the militant attack on Friday – which left three gunmen dead, including one whom Israeli officials said was killed by a female soldier – marked a major test for the unit that typically handles tame operations. One Israeli soldier also was killed.

On Sunday, Israeli newspapers and radio broadcasts glowed over the news that the co-ed battalion played a decisive role in thwarting the assailants' attack. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu boasted about the work of the unit – named after a medium-sized cat native to the Middle East and Africa – in his weekly Cabinet meeting. Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz traveled to the scene of the attack and congratulated the soldiers.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1909132.html

Posted

Okay, preface this with the fact that I am twice your guys age, but I do not want women in direct battle.

Having a man hostage is bad enough, what will it be to have a woman on camera, black eyes, rape, all that as a hostage. What will the outcry be over this with the public? Not the same as it would be for a man, therefore, you should not do it.

I don't give a rip about equal job, equal pay in this situation. Not for women in direct combat. Fly a jet? Fine, but not this.

Posted

Clinton was cockslapped by Rand

You mean when he tapped danced on the children of Newtown's graves by calling Benghazi the worst tragedy since 9/11?

Yeah. PWNT