Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Penetta removes military ban on women in combat

99 posts in this topic

Posted

You mean when he tapped danced on the children of Newtown's graves by calling Benghazi the worst tragedy since 9/11?

Yeah. PWNT

To be fair this was about Foreign Relations. Newtown is far from foreign. I'm also sure he feels Newtown is by far the worst tragedy since 9/11. Leave Newtown for the future gun control debate. Correct?

And as for the OP....bad idea IMO.

1 person likes this

Posted

If they want to serve in a combat MOS, then doing more than 19 pushups in 2 minutes should be required. This isn't a male vs female problem this is a standards problem. If they want a mans job, they need to be able to handle a mans requirements, body type be damned. A unit's combat effectiveness will be severly damaged if only 75% of the soldiers can meet the military standard. I sure as heck wont go down range with a woman or man that couldn't meet the basic physical standards. That needs to be the arguement, not whether or not a chick can go 11-B.

Yeah, this really only opens up 11B entirely. 31B (military police) have had women for a good long while now. The field duties have them in combat zones a lot anyway. 31B really is a combat MOS when you look at it. That's what I'm enlisting as, anyway. But I'm with him. As long as they meet the standards, I'm cool with it (and I know it can be done. I remember in high school there was a JROTC chick who was hot as hell, in crazy shape, and could knock out 78 pushups in 2 minutes).

Posted

Clinton was cockslapped by Rand

Rand is nothing more than Tea Party scum trying to score political points. Clinton was strong.

Posted

Hillary, the drama queen, certainly had a good teacher in Bill

Posted

Rand is nothing more than Tea Party scum trying to score political points. Clinton was strong.

Rand was left wishing Hillary faking a concussion today instead of showing up

Posted

For a lot of women soliders, that'd be more of the same.

lol i was just about to post something like this. the most immediate impact of this will probably be an increase in sexual assault

1 person likes this

Posted

Rand was left wishing Hillary faking a concussion today instead of showing up

Thousands of Americans mutilated for life or dead thanks to a Republican administration intentionally lying to the American people/world about intelligence reports of WMD in Iraq. Sorry Rand Paul, Benghazi/4 dead, is not even close to the worst American tragedy since 9/11. You should be embarrassed to even spew such nonsense. Iraq was literally thousands of times worse.

Posted

Frontline combat is not suited for all people, regardless of gender. If there are women that want that challenge and can meet the same physical standards as the men, more power to them.

1 person likes this

Posted

What's the % of men that fall out.

Only the fatasses at basic, and even they had some pride and kept going.

Posted

I always thought it was a logistics issue.

I've been on some outposts no bigger than a basketball court - no showers or latrines and the only available cover was a 20' shipping container that was a whole platoon's sleeping area.

We could barely get food and water. Imagine trying to bring in feminine hygiene items.

Posted

The ban is lifted, but nothing will change.

Military females will continue to constantly get pregnant, let train bangs be ran on them and yell rape; and generally contribute nothing, all the while avoiding deployments like the plague.

And yes, female standards for fitness are absurd. There was a thirty year old female in my unit who was a "freak of nature" for her "fitness". To make a perfect score on her pt test, she needed (roughly) 17 push ups, 30 sit ups, and run two miles in 20 minutes.

I swear to god you could break both of my arms and I could muster 17 push ups in two minutes. Most anyone could walk two miles in twenty minutes.

Posted

yeah bro women aren't actually being sexually assaulted at absurdly high rates in the military they're totally just making it up to really stick it to those poor defenseless men

1 person likes this