• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#16 P.I.A

P.I.A

• ALL-PRO
  • 522 posts
  • LocationFinally Home!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

If they want to serve in a combat MOS, then doing more than 19 pushups in 2 minutes should be required. This isn't a male vs female problem this is a standards problem. If they want a mans job, they need to be able to handle a mans requirements, body type be damned. A unit's combat effectiveness will be severly damaged if only 75% of the soldiers can meet the military standard. I sure as heck wont go down range with a woman or man that couldn't meet the basic physical standards. That needs to be the arguement, not whether or not a chick can go 11-B.

#17 P.I.A

P.I.A

• ALL-PRO
  • 522 posts
  • LocationFinally Home!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

What's the % of men that fall out.

I think the statement you responded to was pretty much based off of crappy guessing. From what I can tell, there is no study showing "how many soldiers fall out of a forced march."

#18 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,532 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

I'm just asking because I'm sure the army has an acceptable level of forced march fallouts...but if someone can't do the march, they are a liability and shouldn't make it. Or use them as cannon fodder. I know...we don't do that anymore...but you get the gist.

#19 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,434 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Here's my 2 cents on all this.

I am all for women in combat roles because I believe in certain situations they can succeed...However

Captain Zoe Bedell who was part of the lawsuit filed against the military was attached to my unit in 2009. She was a young 2nd Lt and obviously lacking in experience.

Let's just say there was an incident where she left Marines behind and was replaced as my Platoon commander (THANK EFFIN GOD!).

She is the wrong person to be the face behind the lawsuit! She claims that restrictions on combat roles limited her advancement. BULL$hit, your incompetence got you replaced for almost having my young Marines killed.

That is all.

#20 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

I'm just asking because I'm sure the army has an acceptable level of forced march fallouts...but if someone can't do the march, they are a liability and shouldn't make it. Or use them as cannon fodder. I know...we don't do that anymore...but you get the gist.

You have 4 hours to complete. There are no "acceptable" levels of fallouts. If you can't complete them you are OUT of the Army and can't even be in a combat. If a woman is in combat, she already did her 20k march up to standard. Good?

#21 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

You have 4 hours to complete. There are no "acceptable" levels of fallouts. If you can't complete them you are OUT of the Army and can't even be in a combat. If a woman is in combat, she already did her 20k march up to standard. Good?

Is that new? Because when I was in, they'd just recycle you.

ETA: As far as the OP, If they can meet the physical requirements, I'm fine with it.

#22 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

If they want to serve in a combat MOS, then doing more than 19 pushups in 2 minutes should be required. This isn't a male vs female problem this is a standards problem. If they want a mans job, they need to be able to handle a mans requirements, body type be damned. A unit's combat effectiveness will be severly damaged if only 75% of the soldiers can meet the military standard. I sure as heck wont go down range with a woman or man that couldn't meet the basic physical standards. That needs to be the arguement, not whether or not a chick can go 11-B.

Yeah, this really only opens up 11B entirely. 31B (military police) have had women for a good long while now. The field duties have them in combat zones a lot anyway. 31B really is a combat MOS when you look at it. That's what I'm enlisting as, anyway. But I'm with you. As long as they meet the standards, I'm cool with it (and I know it can be done. I remember in high school there was a JROTC chick who was hot as hell, in crazy shape, and could knock out 78 pushups in 2 minutes). They fall short of the standards, they can try something else with their life.

#23 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,434 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Remove the ban then require women to sign up for the Selective Service.

#24 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

I think women should definitely be held to the same physical standard for combat.

For general enlistment, the military cannot afford to be picky.

#25 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

You mean when he tapped danced on the children of Newtown's graves by calling Benghazi the worst tragedy since 9/11?

Yeah. PWNT

To be fair this was about Foreign Relations. Newtown is far from foreign. I'm also sure he feels Newtown is by far the worst tragedy since 9/11. Leave Newtown for the future gun control debate. Correct?

And as for the OP....bad idea IMO.

#26 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Yeah, this really only opens up 11B entirely. 31B (military police) have had women for a good long while now. The field duties have them in combat zones a lot anyway. 31B really is a combat MOS when you look at it. That's what I'm enlisting as, anyway. But I'm with him. As long as they meet the standards, I'm cool with it (and I know it can be done. I remember in high school there was a JROTC chick who was hot as hell, in crazy shape, and could knock out 78 pushups in 2 minutes).

#27 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,754 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Clinton was cockslapped by Rand

Rand is nothing more than Tea Party scum trying to score political points. Clinton was strong.

#28 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hillary, the drama queen, certainly had a good teacher in Bill

#29 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Rand is nothing more than Tea Party scum trying to score political points. Clinton was strong.

Rand was left wishing Hillary faking a concussion today instead of showing up

#30 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

For a lot of women soliders, that'd be more of the same.

lol i was just about to post something like this. the most immediate impact of this will probably be an increase in sexual assault

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com