98 replies to this topic

#21 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMissouri
HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

You have 4 hours to complete. There are no "acceptable" levels of fallouts. If you can't complete them you are OUT of the Army and can't even be in a combat. If a woman is in combat, she already did her 20k march up to standard. Good?

Is that new? Because when I was in, they'd just recycle you.

ETA: As far as the OP, If they can meet the physical requirements, I'm fine with it.

#22 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

If they want to serve in a combat MOS, then doing more than 19 pushups in 2 minutes should be required. This isn't a male vs female problem this is a standards problem. If they want a mans job, they need to be able to handle a mans requirements, body type be damned. A unit's combat effectiveness will be severly damaged if only 75% of the soldiers can meet the military standard. I sure as heck wont go down range with a woman or man that couldn't meet the basic physical standards. That needs to be the arguement, not whether or not a chick can go 11-B.

Yeah, this really only opens up 11B entirely. 31B (military police) have had women for a good long while now. The field duties have them in combat zones a lot anyway. 31B really is a combat MOS when you look at it. That's what I'm enlisting as, anyway. But I'm with you. As long as they meet the standards, I'm cool with it (and I know it can be done. I remember in high school there was a JROTC chick who was hot as hell, in crazy shape, and could knock out 78 pushups in 2 minutes). They fall short of the standards, they can try something else with their life.

#23 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• LocationPasadena, CA
SUPPORTER

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Remove the ban then require women to sign up for the Selective Service.

#24 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

I think women should definitely be held to the same physical standard for combat.

For general enlistment, the military cannot afford to be picky.

#25 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

You mean when he tapped danced on the children of Newtown's graves by calling Benghazi the worst tragedy since 9/11?

Yeah. PWNT

To be fair this was about Foreign Relations. Newtown is far from foreign. I'm also sure he feels Newtown is by far the worst tragedy since 9/11. Leave Newtown for the future gun control debate. Correct?

And as for the OP....bad idea IMO.

#26 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

If they want to serve in a combat MOS, then doing more than 19 pushups in 2 minutes should be required. This isn't a male vs female problem this is a standards problem. If they want a mans job, they need to be able to handle a mans requirements, body type be damned. A unit's combat effectiveness will be severly damaged if only 75% of the soldiers can meet the military standard. I sure as heck wont go down range with a woman or man that couldn't meet the basic physical standards. That needs to be the arguement, not whether or not a chick can go 11-B.

Yeah, this really only opens up 11B entirely. 31B (military police) have had women for a good long while now. The field duties have them in combat zones a lot anyway. 31B really is a combat MOS when you look at it. That's what I'm enlisting as, anyway. But I'm with him. As long as they meet the standards, I'm cool with it (and I know it can be done. I remember in high school there was a JROTC chick who was hot as hell, in crazy shape, and could knock out 78 pushups in 2 minutes).

#27 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• LocationConnecticut
SUPPORTER

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Clinton was cockslapped by Rand

Rand is nothing more than Tea Party scum trying to score political points. Clinton was strong.

#28 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hillary, the drama queen, certainly had a good teacher in Bill

#29 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Rand is nothing more than Tea Party scum trying to score political points. Clinton was strong.

Rand was left wishing Hillary faking a concussion today instead of showing up

#30 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

For a lot of women soliders, that'd be more of the same.

lol i was just about to post something like this. the most immediate impact of this will probably be an increase in sexual assault

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users