Photo
- - - - -

Penetta removes military ban on women in combat

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Posted Image

oops accidental neg rep :3

#62 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

On one hand I'm all for it, if they can pass the same tests as the men.

On the other hand, I feel that it will make parts of the team weaker. I would be much more liable to do something foolish to save a woman's life vs. a man.

#63 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,628 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

When they quit having separate female/male obstacles and courses in Marine boot camp, then I might start to think about it. Oh, and how about pull ups instead of a flex arm hang, that shiz is ridiculous. I've seen many a female with a 300 PFT unable to hang in a basic combat or rescue course. If you haven't been in you have no clue what you're talking about as far as integrating females into frontline combat units.

Marine Corps is slowly moving away from the flex arm hang and implementing pull ups for all women by 2014. Granted LOWER standards than the 20 for men.

#64 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Marine Corps is slowly moving away from the flex arm hang and implementing pull ups for all women by 2014. Granted LOWER standards than the 20 for men.

I've heard. Isn't it like 3 for a perfect though?

#65 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,628 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

I've heard. Isn't it like 3 for a perfect though?

3 is a pass and 8 is a perfect score.

#66 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Very interesting lines of reasoning in this thread.

Interesting that most of the veterans responses could be summed up as "women shouldn't serve in conbat, because i won't do my job"

I think the physical charecteristics of it shoud be taken into consideration, and I agree that it'll be a large culture hange to have women serving in the front lines. I think that 50 years from now, we'll have moved past it and wonder why they were banned in the first place.

#67 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Remember when the blacks were kept out of combat because they were inferior, a liability and a distraction to other men?

No I don't remember blacks being kept out of combat.

#68 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,628 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Very interesting lines of reasoning in this thread.

Interesting that most of the veterans responses could be summed up as "women shouldn't serve in conbat, because i won't do my job"

I think the physical charecteristics of it shoud be taken into consideration, and I agree that it'll be a large culture hange to have women serving in the front lines. I think that 50 years from now, we'll have moved past it and wonder why they were banned in the first place.

It's not about equal rights, it's about staying alive.

If you were in a firefight and got shot in the leg and needed to be evacuated, who would you rather have to help pull you out of the killzone:

a. Can do 20 pull ups and carry his/her own weight and more
b. Can do 3 pull ups and barely carry his/her own weight

It's about a being a liability, not equality.

#69 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,758 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

On a submarine vets board I visit, you would think half the guys just lost their testicles because women are now allowed to crew some subs.

It isn't Das Boot anymore, we had 4 squares a day, stood watch in air conditioned climate controlled spaces, and pushed buttons to kill people as needed. There are so many safety rules that the idea of a single guy having to lift a ton of weight, etc to be useful is silly.

Theres a lot of women out there that could certainly kick my ass if needed but no one ever gave me a hard time about being on the boat.

#70 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

This thread makes it easy to identify the servicemembers or veterans who have never had boots on ground. You guys realize the fitness tests are as outdated as Alice packs and halftracks, right? It has generally nothing to do with combat effectiveness.

Sure, she may only do 11 push-ups, but can she carry a SAW and a couple of pork chops?

And raise your hand if you've ever walked your ruck march pace on patrol in country. Didn't think so.

When's the last time you were flanked, then started doing sit ups?

#71 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,758 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Women in combat...front lines...mountains of Afghanistan....isn't the same as push button sub, drone, or admin warfare.

#72 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,758 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for the reminder G5, until you piped up I had no idea THATS WHY I JOINED THE NAVY INSTEAD OF THE ARMY

#73 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

It's not about equal rights, it's about staying alive.

If you were in a firefight and got shot in the leg and needed to be evacuated, who would you rather have to help pull you out of the killzone:

a. Can do 20 pull ups and carry his/her own weight and more
b. Can do 3 pull ups and barely carry his/her own weight

It's about a being a liability, not equality.

If you get shot in the leg, you are the liability, not female squadmates.

#74 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,628 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

This thread makes it easy to identify the servicemembers or veterans who have never had boots on ground. You guys realize the fitness tests are as outdated as Alice packs and halftracks, right? It has generally nothing to do with combat effectiveness.

Sure, she may only do 11 push-ups, but can she carry a SAW and a couple of pork chops?

And raise your hand if you've ever walked your ruck march pace on patrol in country. Didn't think so.

When's the last time you were flanked, then started doing sit ups?

Carrying a SAW is different from carrying 200lbs of dead weight under duress.

#75 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

mmmm pork chops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com