#76 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

If you get shot in the leg, you are the liability, not female squadmates.

So you're saying you're ok with being injured in combat knowing that the woman next to you sure as hell won't be able to pull you out to safety if needed?

#77 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Thanks for the reminder G5, until you piped up I had no idea THATS WHY I JOINED THE NAVY INSTEAD OF THE ARMY

Just reminding you what this thread was about.

#78 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

I think it's a bad idea.

I kinda do too.

I would hope that they only allow women on the front lines who seriously want to be there, and request as much.

War is not what you see on tv...

Terrible things happen on both sides, and I can understand service-men who have seen the realities, that dont think that women are emotionally equipped to deal with situations such as 9 year old boys pointing an AK-47 at them, or rapes or villiage-burning...etc.

I have never been in the military, but my father was a Ranger scout in Vietnam, and I heard enough from him to know than it can only be worse than I imagine.

#79 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 9,761 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

So you're saying you're ok with being injured in combat knowing that the woman next to you sure as hell won't be able to pull you out to safety if needed?

Having been a 68W, I can safely say.... You'll be fine.

#80 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Having been a 68W, I can safely say.... You'll be fine.

Jarheads don't understand Army lingo but looking it up can see you were a medic.

My point is patching up someone who is laying on the ground and being able to carry 200 lbs of deadweight is two different things.

My exact stance on this is that women should have equal rights, but should equally be physically able to perform. Why request to be equal when in reality there is no physical equality?

#81 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

On one hand I'm all for it, if they can pass the same tests as the men.

On the other hand, I feel that it will make parts of the team weaker. I would be much more liable to do something foolish to save a woman's life vs. a man.

But that's on YOU not them.

#82 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 9,761 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Jarheads don't understand Army lingo but looking it up can see you were a medic.

My point is patching up someone who is laying on the ground and being able to carry 200 lbs of deadweight is two different things.

My exact stance on this is that women should have equal rights, but should equally be physically able to perform. Why request to be equal when in reality there is no physical equality?

Pulling a Forrest Gump, picking up dead weight and running off the X is a tall order for many males too. Especially when you're trying to account for all the gear.

Anyone in the military knows females who try to look cute and helpless when they have work to do. We also know females who want to rip those types apart for giving females a bad name.

In the Army, unlike the Marines, grunts go through a different initial entry training than other MOSes. It's longer and much tougher than what the rest of us endure. If a female makes it through there (as is, no standards changed) then I think she belongs in the infantry. Atleast then we know she's not cute and helpless.

#83 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

a lot of assumptions, i mean what if the guy in question is 100 pounds soaking wet with a full pack? Can he drag your 200lb body after you've been shot?

Probably not.

Without question there will be some roles where there won't be a fit, and it will provide a lot of challenges in the short term.

Over the long haul i think it'll provide for a better fighting force.

Along with the fact its the right thing to do.

#84 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

But that's on YOU not them.

Does not matter, it's an instinctual thing that would be awfully hard to breed out of men.

#85 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Does not matter, it's an instinctual thing that would be awfully hard to breed out of men.

Yeah ... I guess it's the same kind of instinctual thing that requires women in some cultures to have to cover themselves from head to toe, because, you know ... men are, by pure instinct, attracted to them and would never be able to control their sexual urges around women who showed too much.

The same instinct that men who beat their wives/girlfriends to a pulp for sport have, right? That protective gene all men seem to have.

#86 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Yeah ... I guess it's the same kind of instinctual thing that requires women in some cultures to have to cover themselves from head to toe, because, you know ... men are, by pure instinct, attracted to them and would never be able to control their sexual urges around women who showed too much.

The same instinct that men who beat their wives/girlfriends to a pulp for sport have, right? That protective gene all men seem to have.

There you go...you are getting it right, comparing cultures that go out of their way to say that women are second class citizens, to me saying that I would have trouble seeing a woman shot and sitting still until the clash is over. Good job.

I am merely pointing out that many men would have more trouble seeing a woman lying on a battlefield with her legs blown off than they would if it were a man.

You want to go out there, fine. I will not stop you, but do know that there will be consequences.

#87 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

There you go...you are getting it right, comparing cultures that go out of their way to say that women are second class citizens, to me saying that I would have trouble seeing a woman shot and sitting still until the clash is over. Good job.

I am merely pointing out that many men would have more trouble seeing a woman lying on a battlefield with her legs blown off than they would if it were a man.

You want to go out there, fine. I will not stop you, but do know that there will be consequences.

You went "out there" with your claim that "men" (not just American men) have these instincts that can't be helped ... it's your reasoning, not mine.

And, what's with the threat? Really? Where's your protective instinct?

#88 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

I guess we'll see how this goes. At first glance I don't like it for a variety of reasons. I will have less of an issue if the physical standards are not separated. If one person has to be able to do X then so must the other person.

#89 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

If as people are saying the men fail to do their jobs when they see a woman injured, I'm sure they will figure out training to compensate. That or soldiers who can't do ether job would be replaced with ones that can.

#90 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

If as people are saying the men fail to do their jobs when they see a woman injured, I'm sure they will figure out training to compensate. That or soldiers who can't do ether job would be replaced with ones that can.

I contend that if replacing soldiers were so easy then this change would not have happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.