Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EJ Manuel - Legit Backup QB Option

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Remember last year at this time when people were debating whether we should take Russell Wilson as a back-up in the 4th or 5th

Remember how Wilson was actually a good QB?

Manuel has physical gifts, but is a terrible decision maker. He decides wrong on half his zone read plays, and helped lose multiple close games by running backwards into a sack, taking the team out of FG range.

Like Romo he makes bad decisions under pressure, and hurts his team by getting cute when the pocket collapses and losing yardage or turning the ball over.

No. No. No.

Posted

Love to have Manuel in the 4th or 5th. I dont think hes going to be anything more than a backup role QB in the pro, but hes worth a late rounder. Though with so many teams needing a QB, I think he's gone in the 3rd.

Posted

Don't waste a draft pick on a backup QB.

Posted

Leading up to his bowl game several draftniks were questioning whether he was even a draftable player. Late round at best. I thought they were selling him a bit short personally.

I have the Senior Bowl on DVR but haven't watched it all yet. Is he blowing it up there or something??

Posted

Matt Scott is a man. But I don't see him being very good. His arm is too weak, imo. I'd much rather have Manuel.

Posted

He is on chips radar, so he's likely gone.

Posted

Pick up a FA. Maybe Anderson will stick around for all we know.

Posted

Lets just try for Dennis Dixon on the Ravens practice squad

I like it

Posted

Ad a florida state fan, I would love this. Tho i dont see as much cam in him as others. The have similar builds but cam is a much better runner. I think e.j is more accurate of the two coming out of college. But if he falls to the 4-5 round why not?

Posted

I can just feel the joe webbiness oozing out of his skin... 7th round, UDFA if we should get him at all IMO

Posted

Why should we use a high pick on a QB when we could get a potential starter?

I'll say it again sign Dennis Dixon off of the Ravens PS

Dude I've been preaching Dixon for two years now. Even more so now. He would be the perfect backup to Cam...

Posted

Dude I've been preaching Dixon for two years now. Even more so now. He would be the perfect backup to Cam...

My bad broseph... Just started posting here again this year. I would love to have Dixon as the backup and cut Sir Pickles