Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jets might want to trade Revis

70 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

hell no, for all the reasons you just said, plus the fact that we wouldn't be able to afford him when we finally go after a top WR, OL, or DT

Posted · Report post

YUP.

Posted · Report post

We should be in win now mode.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

http://profootballta...le-revis-trade/

If we could get him for our 2nd round pick, would you? He's coming off a down year, injuries, and he's on the last year of his contract, then he's an URFA.

I think I might.

Rex Ryan would rather have a car wreck while getting a tattoo of Sanchez on his left butt cheek than trade Revis. Would love to have Revis, doubt it happens.

Posted · Report post

How the hell could we pay him?

Posted · Report post

It'd be a tough call for me, but we could cut Gamble and save somewhere in the neighborhood of $8 or 9 mil (I forget which) and trade for Revis who's making $6mil this year. Upgrade and savings at the same time. I honestly think last year was Revis' version of Gamble's 2010 season. Pitiful team affecting morale affecting performance.

The only thing that gives me pause is him being an URFA the following year, meaning it'd be highly likely we'd be trading a 2nd round pick for 1 year of his service. But hey, he might end up liking it down here, or we may be able to free up enough space to sign him long term that following year. Who knows, I wouldn't have thought Seymour would have signed on to stay with Oakland longer than that 1 year he had on his contract when they traded for him.

Posted · Report post

Most likely it would be a one year rental and Gamble would be most definitely have to be cut to afford the move. So basically replacing Gamble for Revis and saving 2 million on the season.

Posted · Report post

If my above comment didn't answer your question, if we cut Gamble and get Revis the net savings would be $2-3mil.

Posted · Report post

I live in New York. I see many Jets games every year. Revis is the second most overrated player in the entirety of football. He had a great 4 game stretch in 2009 (I think?) holding Moss, Owens and Johnson to almost no receiving yards. Since then he rarely covers opposing teams number 1 wideouts and often has safety help over the top. He hasn't been nearly as effective since the Jets defense lost their up-front pressure.

Posted · Report post

I live in New York. I see many Jets games every year. Revis is the second most overrated player in the entirety of football. He had a great 4 game stretch in 2009 (I think?) holding Moss, Owens and Johnson to almost no receiving yards. Since then he rarely covers opposing teams number 1 wideouts and often has safety help over the top. He hasn't been nearly as effective since the Jets defense lost their up-front pressure.

That may be so, but we have good up-front pressure and he'd be an obvious big upgrade from what we have, especially if we have to cut Gamble for money reasons.

Posted · Report post

We can't. End of discussion.