Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jets might want to trade Revis

70 posts in this topic

Posted

Can we send them Deangelo for him?

I'd love to do that deal

Posted

That may be so, but we have good up-front pressure and he'd be an obvious big upgrade from what we have, especially if we have to cut Gamble for money reasons.

Even if he did resign with us, his asking price would be absurd. One that we cannot afford when we need to resign Cam, Luke and Krakken relatively soon. I would not be willing to give up a 2nd rounder for a guy we'd only be guaranteed one year with - we have a Oline and WR problem to solve on offense.

Even if he panned out to be as great as the media advertises him to be, he'd hardly help us given our division and the amount of targets the elite QBs in the NFC have. I'd rather have 2 pretty good corners with captain in the slot than one superstar corner and nakamura's everywhere else.

1 person likes this

Posted

hell no, for all the reasons you just said, plus the fact that we wouldn't be able to afford him when we finally go after a top WR, OL, or DT

a one-legged, blind, leprosy-ridden Darrelle Revis would still be an upgrade over what we have at corner right now

Posted

I've heard they're looking for a QB .. we've got a handsome beau called teh picklez .. k?

Posted

We obviously can't afford him this yerar...

Posted

If my above comment didn't answer your question, if we cut Gamble and get Revis the net savings would be $2-3mil.

He'll no.

Would not give up a 2nd to have Revis for 1 year

Posted

No. Cap killer and the guy wants a new deal every damn year.

Posted

His contract is ridonkulous. If it was as simple as trading him for a 2nd round pick then you'd be stupid not to...unfortunately not that simple.

Posted

DeAngelo and a 4th should do it.

Posted

a one-legged, blind, leprosy-ridden Darrelle Revis would still be an upgrade over what we have at corner right now

He's good, great even but we were 13th in passing defense without him. Jumping up, even to 1st, would be great but how many more wins would that get us?

Posted

Here we go.

Famous name with blown knee might get dumped.

WE WANT HIM!!!! Championship.

The start of many of these threads over the next month as FA looms. Oh boy, so many Panthers, so little money

Posted

Think back to what Gettleman said. He wants TD scorers, pass rushers and big men. That pretty much excludes LB'ers, CB's, and Safeties on the defensive side.

So no, I would not expect us to have interest in him.