Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JawnyBlaze

Jets might want to trade Revis

68 posts in this topic

I live in New York. I see many Jets games every year. Revis is the second most overrated player in the entirety of football. He had a great 4 game stretch in 2009 (I think?) holding Moss, Owens and Johnson to almost no receiving yards. Since then he rarely covers opposing teams number 1 wideouts and often has safety help over the top. He hasn't been nearly as effective since the Jets defense lost their up-front pressure.

That may be so, but we have good up-front pressure and he'd be an obvious big upgrade from what we have, especially if we have to cut Gamble for money reasons.

Can we send them Deangelo for him?

I'd love to do that deal

That may be so, but we have good up-front pressure and he'd be an obvious big upgrade from what we have, especially if we have to cut Gamble for money reasons.

Even if he did resign with us, his asking price would be absurd. One that we cannot afford when we need to resign Cam, Luke and Krakken relatively soon. I would not be willing to give up a 2nd rounder for a guy we'd only be guaranteed one year with - we have a Oline and WR problem to solve on offense.

Even if he panned out to be as great as the media advertises him to be, he'd hardly help us given our division and the amount of targets the elite QBs in the NFC have. I'd rather have 2 pretty good corners with captain in the slot than one superstar corner and nakamura's everywhere else.

1 person likes this

hell no, for all the reasons you just said, plus the fact that we wouldn't be able to afford him when we finally go after a top WR, OL, or DT

a one-legged, blind, leprosy-ridden Darrelle Revis would still be an upgrade over what we have at corner right now

I've heard they're looking for a QB .. we've got a handsome beau called teh picklez .. k?

We obviously can't afford him this yerar...

If my above comment didn't answer your question, if we cut Gamble and get Revis the net savings would be $2-3mil.

He'll no.

Would not give up a 2nd to have Revis for 1 year

No. Cap killer and the guy wants a new deal every damn year.

His contract is ridonkulous. If it was as simple as trading him for a 2nd round pick then you'd be stupid not to...unfortunately not that simple.