Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JawnyBlaze

Jets might want to trade Revis

68 posts in this topic

I could see the Bucs trading to get him and then try and lock him up, they got cap space, they pick 13th, and they have need CB's badly..

Came here to say this... Wouldn't be a bad trade for them either

unless we hit the books hard the 1st day of free agency..... Yeah

can we tradez sir purr?

It'd be a tough call for me, but we could cut Gamble and save somewhere in the neighborhood of $8 or 9 mil (I forget which) and trade for Revis who's making $6mil this year. Upgrade and savings at the same time. I honestly think last year was Revis' version of Gamble's 2010 season. Pitiful team affecting morale affecting performance.

The only thing that gives me pause is him being an URFA the following year, meaning it'd be highly likely we'd be trading a 2nd round pick for 1 year of his service. But hey, he might end up liking it down here, or we may be able to free up enough space to sign him long term that following year. Who knows, I wouldn't have thought Seymour would have signed on to stay with Oakland longer than that 1 year he had on his contract when they traded for him.

I would prefer to keep Gamble and draft a DT or safety. JMO

No thanks, he was in rapid decline BEFORE the knee injury...

I think NE will offer the Jets a deal they can't refuse and pick him him up. There is a reason that NE has have multiple 1st round picks.

I'd be shocked if they traded Revis within the division. I honestly expect, as someone stated earlier in this thread, for the Bucs to make a strong play for him. The Bucs have much higher picks than the Patriots and they're not in the same conference.

it wouldnt be the panther way

we win by building through the draft and trading for players like everette brown and armanti edwards.

2 people like this