Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clausen as #2

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't see this happening but I don't know why he's still on the roster either.

Because he is cheap and we get no cap benefit from releasing him...

Posted

Because he is cheap and we get no cap benefit from releasing him...

this, but Gettleman has no ties to Clausen we may very well keep him, but I really don't see us not signing a competent backup

Posted

Bring back Jake! If I'm not mistaken he has never retired and hasn't been that long since his active playing days.

I'm sure he'd be better than Pickles as a #2....right?

Posted

Also I'd much rather have Jake "coaching up" Cam on the sidelines than Clausen.

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

this, but Gettleman has no ties to Clausen we may very well keep him, but I really don't see us not signing a competent backup

The issue is we are so far over the cap and have multiple free agent needs. Will Gettlemen find another $1M+ to bring in a decent backup?

Posted

Damn I wanna hit Clausen right in the kisser seeing him wear that shirt.

Oaks Christian was my high schools rival, I watched Jimmy torch us every year. All the kids on that team look just like that, tan, bleach blonde rich kids.

And then of course their 10 black recruits that don't even live in the area.

Fug you Oaks!

Posted

I'd prefer another Anderson/McCown over another Pike/Lefors so maybe Moore, Travaris Jackson, Grossman, Gradkowski, or Thigpen. Unless our staff thinks they found a late gem in the draft, this would be preferred. I mean, we're talking an upgrade over Jimmy Clausen...I think Gettleman can manage something.

Posted

Can Dorsey be back-up QB and QB coach? He has not played in forever but would still be an upgrade.

Posted

So if Cam went down, and Clausen was our QB, and we ended up with a losing season, would Rivera be back for a year four?

Posted

AE? lol

Posted

So if Cam went down, and Clausen was our QB, and we ended up with a losing season, would Rivera be back for a year four?

If Clausen is our #2....Gentlemen and Rivera should both be fired for incompetence before the real snap of the 2013 season.