Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatofWar

Your Hi-Point Carbine, Banned.

141 posts in this topic

No, it does not say that. Nobody is taking away from the 2nd Amendment at all. You have the right to keep and bear arms for a well-regulated militia. Should people also be allowed to own RPGs then? I mean, it's a firearm, right?

In my opinion? No they shouldn't. That is what the constitution says no matter what you want to argue though. You don't understand the definition of infringement clearly.

Lights out has been sent by the establishment to try and brainwash the Huddle with his lack of knowledge.

Only problem is... He's the only one buying what they're selling.

It says you can own ANY gun because of the use of the word infringed. To say that I cannot own a .50 caliber machine gun is infringing on my right to KEEP arms. To say I can't carry it down the street is infringing on my right to BEAR arms.

Is that ridiculous? Yes. The second amendment is terribly written.

OK, I see what you're getting at. We need to rework it, but it will never happen because of this retarded sense of "tradition". I am fairly certain we're the only 1st world country that hasn't edited our constitution, at least since WWII ended anyway.

Lights out has been sent by the establishment to try and brainwash the Huddle with his lack of knowledge.

Only problem is... He's the only one buying what they're selling.

Thanks for contributing to the conversation.

You have the right to keep and bear arms for a well-regulated militia.

That is not what the second amendment says. The second amendment says that the PEOPLE not the MILITIA have a right to bear arms that will not be infringed. In fact the right doesn't come from it it is assumed by it and states that it shall not be infringed. The militia part of the amendment has no bearing on that right. It merely states that a well regulated militia is necessary for the security of a free state.

OK, I see what you're getting at. We need to rework it, but it will never happen because of this retarded sense of "tradition". I am fairly certain we're the only 1st world country that hasn't edited our constitution, at least since WWII ended anyway.

Alright forget my last post then. Looks like you see where I'm coming from. Yes I agree with you.

Also I wouldn't say it would never happen. It eventually will I hypothesize.

Here you go lights out. They will not take my weapons, nor will I put them in a special safe at the county level. My weapons will be at my house... And if they want them, the only way they'll get them is from my cold dead hands.

As for The Constitution and amendments... I've fought for this country and our founding fathers. You're lucky that you have the rights to even say how you feel about it. Or maybe we should change that too?

People had better wake up... Cause it aint gonna be pretty...

Here you go lights out. They will not take my weapons, nor will I put them in a special safe at the county level. My weapons will be at my house... And if they want them, the only way they'll get them is from my cold dead hands.

As for The Constitution and amendments... I've fought for this country and our founding fathers. You're lucky that you have the rights to even say how you feel about it. Or maybe we should change that too?

People had better wake up... Cause it aint gonna be pretty...

The people we keep electing are a bigger issue than a slippery slope logical fallacy. But they are (mostly) being elected legally. These terrible people in office are the problem we need to solve. It won't be done with laws. I do of course doubt our population will ever overcome this however.

The constitution actually details two processes for being altered. The writers had the prescience to know that this would be necessary as they could not foresee everything that would happen and will happen. It's happened previously and will happen again.

Inalienable.

What rights were declared inalienable by the constitution?

Also there is a significant difference between unalienable and inalienable. Inalienable rights can be made alienable by the government. Unalienable rights cannot. They cannot be surrendered or sold or otherwise waived. These rights are inherent to all men(humans).