Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Hi-Point Carbine, Banned.

141 posts in this topic

Posted

I find the majority of the anti firearm crowd to be jaded bitter cowards. With certain exceptions.

Most if you are really pathetic and have no pride in yourself, your rights, or the rights of others.

You await whatever your next master may be.

how do you define "anti-firearm" though? i understand the importance of needing to allow lawful citizens the right to bear arms for the simple fact that guns have proliferated to the extent they have in the U.S., but i also believe some measure of responsible legislation needs to be passed in order to regulate ownership and keep them in the hands of people that aren't going to do something stupid with them. some would refer to me as "anti-firearm" because of this view but i don't think that's accurate.

maybe we have had different experiences but the vast majority of people i know who could be described as "anti-firearm" (and none of them have called for an all-out ban because they're sane) are neither jaded, nor bitter, nor cowardly. i'm not sure that's an accurate characterization.

Posted

how do you define "anti-firearm" though? i understand the importance of needing to allow lawful citizens the right to bear arms for the simple fact that guns have proliferated to the extent they have in the U.S., but i also believe some measure of responsible legislation needs to be passed in order to regulate ownership and keep them in the hands of people that aren't going to do something stupid with them. some would refer to me as "anti-firearm" because of this view but i don't think that's accurate.

maybe we have had different experiences but the vast majority of people i know who could be described as "anti-firearm" (and none of them have called for an all-out ban because they're sane) are neither jaded, nor bitter, nor cowardly. i'm not sure that's an accurate characterization.

You are right. That post was wrong of me and added nothing to the conversation. I should have been more clear and less attackmode

1 person likes this

Posted

Gov doesn't want those things to change. They want us poor and doped up....aaaaaaannnnnndddddd disarmed.

I'm not sure that these things are in the government's best interest at all. In fact for our actual government a wealthy and healthy populace are very good things.

For the shadow government perhaps not. Which of these are you referring to?

When I refer to the shadow government I am talking about what James Perloff discussed in Shadows of Power.

Posted

I'm confused by this article. All the do-gooders are telling me an AR-15 is nothing but a killing machine and has no use in home defense. New York seems to be leading the way with this kind of ranting. And yet

http://www.13wham.co...kwgAZpGO4g.cspx

Any weapon would have sufficed in this situation I surmise. I agree with the real point of demonizing "scary guns." It doesn't really solve any problems.

Posted

You are right. That post was wrong of me and added nothing to the conversation. I should have been more clear and less attackmode

hug it out

1 person likes this

Posted

Holy crap for the past month all I've heard is assault weapons are bad, assault weapons combined with kids is horrible. But then

http://www.13wham.co...kwgAZpGO4g.cspx

So this one instance of unloaded AR-15 heroism has some kind of profound impact?

please note I have nothing against the AR-15 and would like to have one since I finally got to shoot one this past Christmas. Before I was really wanting an AK but now I'm torn.

Posted

My bad, meant to link to this one instead

http://www.khou.com/...y-97430719.html

The weapon used is irrelevant in my view.

I think the people you are trying to appeal to though, considering how you seemed to be addressing extremists, are unlikely to be swayed by anything. Not even a story about a minor shooting a person multiple times with a rifle.

Posted

How would responsible gun legislation keep criminals from getting whatever firearm they might want? I still don't see how this will affect gang members from getting any weapon they have the money to obtain. I still see it hurting legal gun owners the most.

Someone should explain to me the registering my grandfathered weapons that's in this bill that I will have to register if this passes. ( all bolt action rifles, and a few pistols with detachable clips)

Posted

How would responsible gun legislation keep criminals from getting whatever firearm they might want? I still don't see how this will affect gang members from getting any weapon they have the money to obtain. I still see it hurting legal gun owners the most.

Someone should explain to me the registering my grandfathered weapons that's in this bill that I will have to register if this passes. ( all bolt action rifles, and a few pistols with detachable clips)

Where do criminals get their guns?

I contend that well thought and carefully implemented legislation would indeed have an appreciable impact (downward trending) on gun related violence/murder over time.

Also, in what way are you harmed if you must register all firearms you own?