140 replies to this topic

#31 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

No, it does not say that. Nobody is taking away from the 2nd Amendment at all. You have the right to keep and bear arms for a well-regulated militia. Should people also be allowed to own RPGs then? I mean, it's a firearm, right?

In my opinion? No they shouldn't. That is what the constitution says no matter what you want to argue though. You don't understand the definition of infringement clearly.

#32 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Lights out has been sent by the establishment to try and brainwash the Huddle with his lack of knowledge.

Only problem is... He's the only one buying what they're selling.

#33 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

It says you can own ANY gun because of the use of the word infringed. To say that I cannot own a .50 caliber machine gun is infringing on my right to KEEP arms. To say I can't carry it down the street is infringing on my right to BEAR arms.

Is that ridiculous? Yes. The second amendment is terribly written.

OK, I see what you're getting at. We need to rework it, but it will never happen because of this retarded sense of "tradition". I am fairly certain we're the only 1st world country that hasn't edited our constitution, at least since WWII ended anyway.

#34 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Lights out has been sent by the establishment to try and brainwash the Huddle with his lack of knowledge.

Only problem is... He's the only one buying what they're selling.

Thanks for contributing to the conversation.

#35 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

You have the right to keep and bear arms for a well-regulated militia.

That is not what the second amendment says. The second amendment says that the PEOPLE not the MILITIA have a right to bear arms that will not be infringed. In fact the right doesn't come from it it is assumed by it and states that it shall not be infringed. The militia part of the amendment has no bearing on that right. It merely states that a well regulated militia is necessary for the security of a free state.

#36 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

OK, I see what you're getting at. We need to rework it, but it will never happen because of this retarded sense of "tradition". I am fairly certain we're the only 1st world country that hasn't edited our constitution, at least since WWII ended anyway.

Alright forget my last post then. Looks like you see where I'm coming from. Yes I agree with you.

Also I wouldn't say it would never happen. It eventually will I hypothesize.

#37 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Here you go lights out. They will not take my weapons, nor will I put them in a special safe at the county level. My weapons will be at my house... And if they want them, the only way they'll get them is from my cold dead hands.

As for The Constitution and amendments... I've fought for this country and our founding fathers. You're lucky that you have the rights to even say how you feel about it. Or maybe we should change that too?

People had better wake up... Cause it aint gonna be pretty...

#38 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Here you go lights out. They will not take my weapons, nor will I put them in a special safe at the county level. My weapons will be at my house... And if they want them, the only way they'll get them is from my cold dead hands.

As for The Constitution and amendments... I've fought for this country and our founding fathers. You're lucky that you have the rights to even say how you feel about it. Or maybe we should change that too?

People had better wake up... Cause it aint gonna be pretty...

The people we keep electing are a bigger issue than a slippery slope logical fallacy. But they are (mostly) being elected legally. These terrible people in office are the problem we need to solve. It won't be done with laws. I do of course doubt our population will ever overcome this however.

The constitution actually details two processes for being altered. The writers had the prescience to know that this would be necessary as they could not foresee everything that would happen and will happen. It's happened previously and will happen again.

#39 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Inalienable.

#40 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Inalienable.

What rights were declared inalienable by the constitution?

Also there is a significant difference between unalienable and inalienable. Inalienable rights can be made alienable by the government. Unalienable rights cannot. They cannot be surrendered or sold or otherwise waived. These rights are inherent to all men(humans).

#41 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,775 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Maybe cause its thier right? But better yet! What purpose does the government have for telling me what I can or cannot observe in my liberties? keep in mind that we have gangs and mobs that arm themselves. most home invasions are carried out by groups of people. Your in the frame of mind that the 2nd admendment has something to do with hunting. and it does not at all. Its all about protection and defense. Does not give you the right to attack someone. But never limits the amount of force required to survive beyond the point of crisis. Foriegn domestic or tyrannical.

did you know that a right in fact does not unequivocally mean you can do whatever you want because it's defined by societal parameters?

#42 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

I find the majority of the anti firearm crowd to be jaded bitter cowards. With certain exceptions.
Most if you are really pathetic and have no pride in yourself, your rights, or the rights of others.

You await whatever your next master may be.

#43 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

At least in this forum. I don't know what you are like irl. I hope it's different

#44 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

The point catowar is making. This ban is poorly constructed and ill conceived. This isn't the fix.

#45 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

I find the majority of the anti firearm crowd to be jaded bitter cowards. With certain exceptions.
Most if you are really pathetic and have no pride in yourself, your rights, or the rights of others.

You await whatever your next master may be.

Be that as it may I think that this issue is like treating a cough when your patient has gonorrhea. Firearms are not as big an issue as mental health and poverty. Those are the two driving forces behind murder. Not what weapons any given person might posses. The fact is if you outlaw catapults then only outlaws will have catapults.

As such this firearm controversy to me has been utterly terrifying and stupefying. We will do ANYTHING to avoid dealing with poverty and mental health or really any issue that cannot be explained away with just a few talking points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com