140 replies to this topic

#41 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Maybe cause its thier right? But better yet! What purpose does the government have for telling me what I can or cannot observe in my liberties? keep in mind that we have gangs and mobs that arm themselves. most home invasions are carried out by groups of people. Your in the frame of mind that the 2nd admendment has something to do with hunting. and it does not at all. Its all about protection and defense. Does not give you the right to attack someone. But never limits the amount of force required to survive beyond the point of crisis. Foriegn domestic or tyrannical.

did you know that a right in fact does not unequivocally mean you can do whatever you want because it's defined by societal parameters?

#42 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

I find the majority of the anti firearm crowd to be jaded bitter cowards. With certain exceptions.
Most if you are really pathetic and have no pride in yourself, your rights, or the rights of others.

You await whatever your next master may be.

#43 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

At least in this forum. I don't know what you are like irl. I hope it's different

#44 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

The point catowar is making. This ban is poorly constructed and ill conceived. This isn't the fix.

#45 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

I find the majority of the anti firearm crowd to be jaded bitter cowards. With certain exceptions.
Most if you are really pathetic and have no pride in yourself, your rights, or the rights of others.

Be that as it may I think that this issue is like treating a cough when your patient has gonorrhea. Firearms are not as big an issue as mental health and poverty. Those are the two driving forces behind murder. Not what weapons any given person might posses. The fact is if you outlaw catapults then only outlaws will have catapults.

As such this firearm controversy to me has been utterly terrifying and stupefying. We will do ANYTHING to avoid dealing with poverty and mental health or really any issue that cannot be explained away with just a few talking points.

#46 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

The point catowar is making. This ban is poorly constructed and ill conceived. This isn't the fix.

I agree this ban is both ill-conceived and poorly constructed.

#47 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

true... but frankly, this is a bit of a boy-who-cried-wolf situation... the problem is, whenever anybody brings up gun control, the reaction is EXACTLY the same, regardless of the severity of the measure... so the end result is this... you get legislation rammed down your throat because you (pro-gun peoples) have marginalized yourself from any actual productive conversation. I agree that people generally don't use rifles for crime and consequently, this ban will do very little (if anything.) Would you prefer that handgun restriction be on the table? Because that's the elephant in the room.

This is a token measure to make the stupids (present company excluded) feel safe with as little collateral damage to the gun culture as possible. Literally ANY other regulation would've been more restrictive and more invasive. Do you expect the populace at large not to react to pervasive violence? Are you surprised by their reactions? In a witch-hunt (because, realistically, that's what this is) do you expect smugness, bad metaphors and bumper-stickers to hold up your end of the argument? Because... look around you... That's all that's left.

People in this country F*CKING LOVE GUNS... when it gets to the point that the populace as a whole is supportive of restrictions... the NRA, the gun lobby (and it's ilk) got sloppy, took everyone for granted and now... they done f*cked up. They should be leading these discussions... instead, they act like petulant children.

#48 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Be that as it may I think that this issue is like treating a cough when your patient has gonorrhea. Firearms are not as big an issue as mental health and poverty. Those are the two driving forces behind murder. Not what weapons any given person might posses. The fact is if you outlaw catapults then only outlaws will have catapults.

As such this firearm controversy to me has been utterly terrifying and stupefying. We will do ANYTHING to avoid dealing with poverty and mental health or really any issue that cannot be explained away with just a few talking points.

Gov doesn't want those things to change. They want us poor and doped up....aaaaaaannnnnndddddd disarmed.

#49 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

how do you define "anti-firearm" though? i understand the importance of needing to allow lawful citizens the right to bear arms for the simple fact that guns have proliferated to the extent they have in the U.S., but i also believe some measure of responsible legislation needs to be passed in order to regulate ownership and keep them in the hands of people that aren't going to do something stupid with them. some would refer to me as "anti-firearm" because of this view but i don't think that's accurate.

maybe we have had different experiences but the vast majority of people i know who could be described as "anti-firearm" (and none of them have called for an all-out ban because they're sane) are neither jaded, nor bitter, nor cowardly. i'm not sure that's an accurate characterization.

#50 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

how do you define "anti-firearm" though? i understand the importance of needing to allow lawful citizens the right to bear arms for the simple fact that guns have proliferated to the extent they have in the U.S., but i also believe some measure of responsible legislation needs to be passed in order to regulate ownership and keep them in the hands of people that aren't going to do something stupid with them. some would refer to me as "anti-firearm" because of this view but i don't think that's accurate.

maybe we have had different experiences but the vast majority of people i know who could be described as "anti-firearm" (and none of them have called for an all-out ban because they're sane) are neither jaded, nor bitter, nor cowardly. i'm not sure that's an accurate characterization.

You are right. That post was wrong of me and added nothing to the conversation. I should have been more clear and less attackmode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users