• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

The Observer obtained a copy of the survey Harris emailed to various Bobcats season-ticket holders Wednesday. The electronic survey takes about 30 minutes to fill out, and asks all sorts of questions about the Bobcats, the Hornets and the general perception of what would sell more game tickets and team gear. One question, about halfway through Harris’ survey, is the crux of the issue: “If the Bobcats were to change their nickname to the ‘Hornets,’ would you attend more games than you currently do, attend fewer games, or attend about the same amount?” Charlotte Observer

I don't think it's gonna happen if they're only polling STH. I think at best, it will split down the middle as far as "would you buy more tickets if we changed to the Hornets," which will most likely mean no change. If they polled fans who aren't STH, that may be a different story.

#2 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

How about "Would you be a STH if they were called the Hornets?".

#3 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

They aren't just polling season ticket holders. They are polling season tickets holders first, then they will poll everybody else at a later date.

#4 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

you know- i live in Northern VA and have never seen a Bobcats hat or jersey or anything up here. but you go to Hatworld or Lids- and Charlotte Hornet stuff flies off the shelves.

Probably because it is considered "vintage" but who cares. People loves the name- MAKE IT HAPPEN

#5 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Pretty known and powerful supporter of hornets I would think....I wonder if his opinion will mean anything

http://www.facebook....&type=1

#6 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Here is a statement from Fred Whitfield

http://www.nba.com/b...s-name-change-0

This makes me feel very confident that they are working on getting the Hornets name back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users