• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Not to mad about cam's placement besides the fact that only reason he's faulting him is because of his "sideline crap" but that list is poo.

No, he said he would have placed him higher had he played in the first half of the season at the same level as he did in the second half. Pretty simple and hard to argue I would think.

#62 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

marcjames
I asked Bill Polian where he would draft Cam Newton Today with RGIII, Luck, Wilson, & Kaepernick, he said: "At the Bottom." #Panthers

#63 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

fug Marc James and Bill Polian.

#64 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

i've said it before...bill polian and his opinion is severely overrated around here.

#65 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Marc James is always trying to get other people to say the things he wont say out loud. He doesnt care much for Cam either but wont say it out loud since he works for a Carolina radio station. He is a Andrew Luck jock sniffer. He already knew Polian didnt like Cam and was gonna say that. fug him, he does this poo all the time.

#66 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Polian is so smart he has job offers on the table just doesn't want to take them

#67 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,287 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

My response to the pretentious douche.

@marcjames I asked Panthers fans where would they rank Marc James as a talk show host, they said "At the bottom."

#68 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

My response to the pretentious douche.

nice.

#69 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Whether by selective camera work by the media or not, I still stand by the "more involvement" thing. No, I wasn't able to make it to a game this year and I'm going by just what I see through the TV.

I do see Cam shedding the pouting behavior after something adverse, which is wonderful. But I have never seen him looking at pictures, film, talking with coaches, etc on the sidelines.

That is what I want to see from my young quarterback. Maybe I need to get to a game in 2013 to see that.

#70 Originalman

Originalman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

I guess Gil didn't get the memo on the Early Season Chud-Offense Fiasco, huh? LOL

I respect him on many things NFL, and even Cam. However, he doesn't appear to have followed the team and is just winging it for this piece (that's why he left it open, regarding Cam's "unlimited potential", as if Kaepernick and Luck aren't any more raw than Cam right now), with his comments. LOL. Cam has always been active on the sidelines, especially lately, regardless of what and when the media said it. That was a manufactured issue. I'm surprised so many Panther fans--even fall for that.

Now if he's limiting Cam from what he didn't do during the second half of the 2012 season (and totally ignoring what he did during his first season), then how the hell does he have Kaepernick (a guy that's only started 9 games), and even Luck--a rookie ranked higher!? Such a small sample size. I'm sure this list is very fluid and subject to change, but still. Come on Gil.

Makes no sense. But it's all good. I guess, the better way to look at it is: Cam would have been higher on the list, if he didn't have such a poor start (thanks Chud), and if the media started showing him talking to his teammates and coaches more, which he does. SMH/LOL. To each is own.

I am surprised because isn't Cam and Gil tight? Gil like moon has been in his corner the last 2 years. I actually have thought that Gil and Moon are the guys Cam uses as his voice in the media to say he things he can't say (like most big time players have a person in the that does the dirty work for them).

#71 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

I am surprised because isn't Cam and Gil tight? Gil like moon has been in his corner the last 2 years. I actually have thought that Gil and Moon are the guys Cam uses as his voice in the media to say he things he can't say (like most big time players have a person in the that does the dirty work for them).

i think he's just been expecting more. one of the elements that brandt raved about was his leadership and influence on the guys on the sidelines and it just hasn't been there like it was at auburn and like was expected. he's needed to be influenced rather than be an influence. he's having growing pains and he isn't at the level he should be and is capable of being yet.

numbers aside, he's been a little disappointing up until the last few games of the season. if he can start back at that level and maintain it, he'll be rising up those lists.

#72 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

All true. But I guess we gotta remember 1), this is a current list, that's subject to change (and Brandt, said as much regarding Cam's first half/having him higher). 2) I guess he's trying to be fair (because of what you mentioned) and show perspective. This way, no one can call him a homer. I get it.

It's all good. I'm sure like Moon (when he was recently asked on WFNZ), he'd take Cam for the future (or argue he's just as good as Luck and Wilson).

The Kaepernick ranking, is the one outlyer to me. I mean, you hate to keep saying it: But career bust, Alex Smith put up a top 5 QB rating, and went to the Conference finals last year, with the same team, before his 2 yr back up started the last 9 games, bringing them into the Super Bowl.

#73 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

A new or rookie QB can be a leader during their first year. However, its' not going to happen if the HC or team sucks. Cause when that happens there's no stability. And when there's no stability from the head coach you have no leaders, cause you have to get it from the coach first.

If you have a good team or a coach that's in charge: The players that he really likes, automatically become designated leaders, if not adopted ones (by his teammates).

That's why great QB's are almost always associated with Great Coaches, or at the very least, very good or competent coaches. They go hand in hand.

I agree that a young QB can have leadership qualties, which I do believe Cam has naturally, but to actually take on the whole leadership role literally right off the bat, I doubt it.

Not all QBs are natural leaders either and some are quite happy leading their team without actually being the leaders of the team. That is where a good strong coach, who is a natural leader and good at his job, comes in. All you have to do is look no further than the Ravens team to see that Flacco maybe the leader because he's the QB but as far as who is the real leader of the team, it's not him. John Harbaugh is the leader and so is Ray Lewis.

As I stated before, the whole Cam is "immature" because those at NFLN follow him with a camera and spin his actions into something negative is silly. The way they go out of their way to paint Luck as such "the leader of men" is just as nauseating as them going out of their way to show that Cam isn't "mature enough to be a team leader." I'm sure both Cam and Luck will make great team leaders one day if left alone to grow and mature but it's somewhat naive to assume one is better than the other as leaders base on the manipulation by our media.

Also, let's be real, the whole media packaged Andrew Luck story is getting quite boring. He didn't "save the Colts" and brought them back from a brink of anything. The team has been in the play-offs every season except 2011 because Peyton went down and they wanted the number one pick when the chance came to get Luck. The team simply didn't waste their chance at getting Luck @ 1 by investing time and energy training their back-up QBs to win games. Plus, the media was squarely behind the Colts tanking their season to get Luck. It was their fairy-tale story also.

#74 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

it must be real tough for kaepernick throwing to vernon davis, randy moss, or michael crabtree, as well as handing off to frank gore

#75 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

i think he's just been expecting more. one of the elements that brandt raved about was his leadership and influence on the guys on the sidelines and it just hasn't been there like it was at auburn and like was expected. he's needed to be influenced rather than be an influence. he's having growing pains and he isn't at the level he should be and is capable of being yet.

numbers aside, he's been a little disappointing up until the last few games of the season. if he can start back at that level and maintain it, he'll be rising up those lists.

In all honesty, it sounds like you and those folks in the media, really need to grow up yourselves. You do seem to enjoy sharing in the media's warped reality of Cam, don't you? Yeah Cam carried Aubrun to their NC, why can't he do it with our team. We will simply ignore all of the other variables that makes up Auburn team vs. the Panthers.

Anyway, Brandt is paid by NFLN to say what they want him to say despite his feels for these athletes. He may like Cam but if TPTB at NFLN tells him to put Cam into a certain light, you bet your last dollar he will. Remember Brandt was the same guy who was rah-rah for Cam during the draft but did a 180 after Blaine Gabbert, the sports media chosen QB for the 2011 draft, stock started to dropped real fast after his private QB throwing day? He went from challenging the others like Mike "phoney" Mayock and Charlee "hypocrit" Casserly about Cam's game to pretending to be on the Blaine bangwagon to help push the argument that Blaine was better than Cam. As the psychology works, if you get someone who is back a player to then say that the other player is better, folks will automatically believe it despite the reality. Guess what, it worked.

When will you stop falling for the media's silly psychological games with Cam? Or is it that you enjoy them because you can then blame your own disappointment of the Panthers performances on him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.