Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars

56 posts in this topic

Posted

Well considering I personally like the new Star Trek movie I will remain positive that he can do good job.

Posted

Cant be any worse than the prequels amirite?

1 person likes this

Posted

It just seems illegal to have that power in your hands

Posted

I'm kinda torn on this...

I hear all the hype behind Abrams, but I never watched Lost... I hear the ending sucked pretty hard... Revolution was fuging terrible... I made it through like 4 episodes before I gave up on the shitty acting and terrible plot holes/lines...

But then some of the stuff he's been a part of, I thought was decent...

Cautiously optimistic, since we're at least talking more Star Wars... but... I believe my standards are going to be a lot higher than they used to be...

Posted

lol

star-trek-crew-and-lens-flares.jpg

Posted

it could have been much worse. the director of the last shitty x-men was the favorite for a while. lucked out on that one.

Posted

I think it's a good choice, but SZ has a point, I hope he doesn't get all funky with the film making for Star Wars. The sets and film part of all the Star Wars film was top notch... it's just that Lucas was a crap dialogue writer.

Posted

not a big abrams fan but it's better than lucas.

Posted

I think it's a good choice, but SZ has a point, I hope he doesn't get all funky with the film making for Star Wars. The sets and film part of all the Star Wars film was top notch... it's just that Lucas was a crap dialogue writer.

there were no sets in the prequels, only green screen

Posted

there were no sets in the prequels, only green screen

You get what I meant though... the visualizations of all the movies were excellent... it was the dialogue some of the story telling that was whack.

Posted

Haven't seen any of the other Star Wars and probably won't see this one so it doesn't bother me at all.