Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars

56 posts in this topic

Posted

Haven't seen any of the other Star Wars and probably won't see this one so it doesn't bother me at all.

i think it's awesome that you haven't seen any of the other star wars movies... you definitely shouldn't see them.

Posted

i think it's awesome that you haven't seen any of the other star wars movies... you definitely shouldn't see them.

Who needs lightsabers and lasers when you have dragons and wizards in Lord of the Rings.

Posted

Who needs lightsabers and lasers when you have dragons and wizards in Lord of the Rings.

yea, dumbledor is my favorite.

1 person likes this

Posted

Will be interesting to see what he does. Abrams won't be afraid to put his own stamp on the film; and I don't think we see Jar Jar, or Eowks; that Lucas got happy over. Another director might want Lucas's approval; I don't think JJ will care

Posted

yea, dumbledor is my favorite.

Yeah that is the same actor who played the guy who said these aren't the borgs you're looking for.

Posted

Yeah that is the same actor who played the guy who said these aren't the borgs you're looking for.

and you said you hadn't seen star wars!

Posted

and you said you hadn't seen star wars!

Ok you got me but I've only seen the new one where old Spock meets new Spock.

Posted

Lol

Posted

Ok you got me but I've only seen the new one where old Spock meets new Spock.

in that case, you should watch Ewoks: Battle for Endor... without a doubt the best and most important film in the series.

1 person likes this

Posted

I want to like this so much but I have a bad feeling.

Super8 is one of my favorite movies of all time, because I felt like he wrote it just for me. Star Trek was entertaining but did about all it could to piss of fans of the old stuff. As a movie it was probably better than any other Trek movie...but in doing that it was not really Star Trek.

Star Wars already has all the stuff JJ likes so he probably would not mess it up too bad.

Posted

should have been James Cameron

Posted

If it wasn't Joss, I'll be cautiously optimistic with JJ. As long as he doesn't turn it into a TV series himself.