Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars

56 posts in this topic

Posted

Who needs lightsabers and lasers when you have dragons and wizards in Lord of the Rings.

I wish i was so oblivious to good movies like you

Posted

I'm cool with this...I def liked what he did with Star Trek and I was never a Star Trek fan before that remake.

1 person likes this

Posted

let's be honest: hardcore fans will most likely hate it, casual fans will probably think its alright, and stoners will think its awesome

edit: didn't really read the thread- that wasn't a shot at you NCStoner

Posted

Luke Skywalker will go back in time and restart everything.

Posted

2up^^ I've pretty much decided the movie will be awesome

Posted

I'm a bit hardcore, but I'm still going to be forever optimistic.

Posted

If he can revamp the franchise in similar fashion to how he did Star Trek I will be pleased.

Not the whole restart the universe thing, but give it more pop.

The prequels basically screamed "We were written by an out of touch old man!"

Posted

I think the only reason parts 1-3 came out was that other films had started beating Star Wars as the top earning film and Lucas' ego wouldn't accept it.

I honestly wasn't the world's biggest fan of 4-6, but 1-3 were utter crap.

Posted

While I'm at it, I wonder if anyone else shares the thought that the saga as a whole could have been a lot more interesting if Luke turned evil.

(I'm talking the story beyond the six movies, mind you)

Posted

With inflation taken into account, Star Wars is still the second biggest grossing movie of all time after Gone With the Wind. Unless there's a federal mandate for everyone to see a particular movie, this won't change for the foreseeable future.

Pretty good for a admittedly B-movie serial that was an homage to Flash Gordon and Joseph Campbell. The prequels were successful for what they were aimed at...6-12 year old little boys. Unfortunately, the rest of us are a bit past that age range, the fact that Lucas was never a good nonvisual director, and twenty plus years of unrealistic expectations cemented their fate. I'm still adamant that Episode 3 is worthy of being behind TESB and just behind ANH in the movie hierarchy.

Posted

While I'm at it, I wonder if anyone else shares the thought that the saga as a whole could have been a lot more interesting if Luke turned evil.

(I'm talking the story beyond the six movies, mind you)

i think he does actually... and resurrects the emperor or some shiat.... i can't remember.

Posted

Those were horrible comic storylines that are totally retconned out of the universe. God they were awful.

However, the downfall of Han/Leia's son was pretty good.