Photo
- - - - -

One of our RB's and what for Darrelle Revis?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#25 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Monsta, do you think we keep both DLo and Stew? Just asking.

I honestly have no idea. It's hard for me to imagine us keeping Williams and trading Stew, and it does us no good financially to trade or cut Williams, so I don't know. Maybe Gettleman will want to cut a bunch of contracts now and take the hit immediately so we can start to rebuild. For the time being though, it seems like we'll have both.

I'm not trying to ridicule you, I simply see no scenario where us getting Revis helps. He is a huge talent, but he has held out for more money on like two or three occassions already. If we traded for him and somehow paid him (A BIG IF), then if he played well he would want to go somewhere after the season where he can get paid. If he plays poorly, we traded god knows what draft pick for him, which also sucks.

I just can't fathom a realistic scenario where we trade for Revis, he plays up to expectations, and then stays here on a reasonable salary afterward. Mind you when he is due an extension, it will be at the same time that Cam will be getting a pay raise from like $5MM/year up to $15MM/year or more. Greg Hardy will also be getting a bump from about $750K to $9-10MM/year. That's a couple of huge contract jumps right there. Granted Gamble would be off the books at that point, and maybe likely Gross too, but I still just don't see it happening.

#26 rscott94

rscott94

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Let's be realistic here and talk about guys like Antoine Cason, Sean Smith (possibly if not Franchised), DRC, Grimes, Mike Jenkins, McKelvin, etc

Honestly some of those names are unrealistic... Our cap space is fuggin terrible, I don't think we could land DRC, Grimes, or Jenkins because they have too much "name value" and would request more money.

#27 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Honestly some of those names are unrealistic... Our cap space is fuggin terrible, I don't think we could land DRC, Grimes, or Jenkins because they have too much "name value" and would request more money.

1yr contract. I'm tellin you vets doesnt get the money they once used to get. Carlos Rogers, if I'm correct played on 1yr contract the last two seasons

#28 rscott94

rscott94

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

1yr contract. I'm tellin you vets doesnt get the money they once used to get. Carlos Rogers, if I'm correct played on 1yr contract the last two seasons

Gettleman did say one year contracts... Good point

#29 MrBubba

MrBubba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Trade Gamble Beason and Delo for Revis solve cap problems all at once :)

#30 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

It will never happen.We cannot even afford to keep Gamble