Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

How is Hayward not an option?

#5 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

This makes sense, Luke is awsome when the ball is in front of him (noone, even the hater experts, denies that). And he also hits very hard rarely giving up an inch after contact.

That adds up to a player that produces tv highlights. So the a lot of none panther fan that has only seens a couple of plays from of our games will, rightfully, think "that kid can hit!" och vote for him.

Actually kind of like Ray Lewis first playoff game this year, everyone was all over how great he played and they showed his, only, tackle for loss like 30 times. Later pffs grade show he had a bad game (he has picked up though).

The problem is he is still learning in the passing game, I think we can all agree to that, and that is why (maybe, I do know) there mught be other more worthy of the DROY award.

#6 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

The problem is he is still learning in the passing game, I think we can all agree to that, and that is why (maybe, I do know) there mught be other more worthy of the DROY award.

They're all still learning some aspect of the game. Smitty is still learning some aspects of the game, from his own mouth. Not one of the other "candidates" had the impact on his defense that Luke did. Luke went to the middle and our defense is top 10 this year. What did we change/add to our defense from last year that was so horrible? Yea they had a year more experience in the system than they had last year, that certainly counts for something, but we also lost one of our three best defensive players (discounting Luke) in Gamble giving us (what had to be) the most inexperienced secondary in the NFL. And it wasn't even like they were high draft pick rookies in our secondary, they were late and undrafted guys with the exception of Godfrey. Not one of those other guys almost single handedly made their defenses respectable like Luke did.

Luke is DROY. There is no question.

#7 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

why are bruce irvin and chandler jones even options... shoulda put casey hayward and harrison smith in there.

#8 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

If Hayward were there the ratings might've been much different but this is awesome nonetheless!

#9 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

... So the a lot of none panther fan that has only seens a couple of plays from of our games will...

HUH?

#10 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,546 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

HUH?

i guess it got smartphone'd

#11 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Keuchly didn't really come on until he was moved to the middle. Had he started the season there, when everyone was actively looking at how rookies were adjusting to the NFL, it's likely he would get even more attention.

But really, it doesn't matter. I would rather have a non-DROY Keuchly on my roster than a DROY Wagner, if it comes to that.

#12 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

DROY or snuff

#13 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

He had a great year and looks awesome going forward. I could care less if he wins DRoY. It's like the Smitty hall of fame thing that gets brought up every couple years. He is the greatest panthers player of all time, and I couldn't care less what he means to other people.

#14 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,610 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

If Luke played MLB out of the gates, he would have broken Willis' rookie tackle record I'm sure.

#15 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

This makes sense, Luke is awsome when the ball is in front of him (noone, even the hater experts, denies that). And he also hits very hard rarely giving up an inch after contact.

That adds up to a player that produces tv highlights. So the a lot of none panther fan that has only seens a couple of plays from of our games will, rightfully, think "that kid can hit!" och vote for him.

Actually kind of like Ray Lewis first playoff game this year, everyone was all over how great he played and they showed his, only, tackle for loss like 30 times. Later pffs grade show he had a bad game (he has picked up though).

Learning to cover well in the NFL is motherfreaking hard. It is very rare for exceptional tacklers to also be great in coverage at the linebacker position. Luke is a rookie and showed improvement down the stretch in coverage while having the size, speed and play recognition abilities to became extremely good in coverage later in his career. I wouldn't worry about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.