Surprising results for SportsNation poll

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Keuchly didn't really come on until he was moved to the middle. Had he started the season there, when everyone was actively looking at how rookies were adjusting to the NFL, it's likely he would get even more attention.

But really, it doesn't matter. I would rather have a non-DROY Keuchly on my roster than a DROY Wagner, if it comes to that.

#12 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKitchen
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

DROY or snuff

#13 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

He had a great year and looks awesome going forward. I could care less if he wins DRoY. It's like the Smitty hall of fame thing that gets brought up every couple years. He is the greatest panthers player of all time, and I couldn't care less what he means to other people.

#14 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

If Luke played MLB out of the gates, he would have broken Willis' rookie tackle record I'm sure.

#15 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

This makes sense, Luke is awsome when the ball is in front of him (noone, even the hater experts, denies that). And he also hits very hard rarely giving up an inch after contact.

That adds up to a player that produces tv highlights. So the a lot of none panther fan that has only seens a couple of plays from of our games will, rightfully, think "that kid can hit!" och vote for him.

Actually kind of like Ray Lewis first playoff game this year, everyone was all over how great he played and they showed his, only, tackle for loss like 30 times. Later pffs grade show he had a bad game (he has picked up though).

The problem is he is still learning in the passing game, I think we can all agree to that, and that is why (maybe, I do know) there mught be other more worthy of the DROY award.

Learning to cover well in the NFL is motherfreaking hard. It is very rare for exceptional tacklers to also be great in coverage at the linebacker position. Luke is a rookie and showed improvement down the stretch in coverage while having the size, speed and play recognition abilities to became extremely good in coverage later in his career. I wouldn't worry about it.

#16 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

ya, I don't think Irvin did enough to be on that list either, but at the same time, it's great having two Seahawks on that list and Wilson on the ROY list.

#17 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

ya, I don't think Irvin did enough to be on that list either, but at the same time, it's great having two Seahawks on that list and Wilson on the ROY list.

Yea, it was a pretty decent draft for the Seahawks :)

#18 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

well poo. i didn't expect him to get national recognition on that level. i've been convinced he'll get passed over for DROY but maybe i'm wrong.

#19 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Pass coverage has been Kuechly's strength in college and will be in the NFL. He has good instincts for the ball, good size and speed and good hands. I don't see anyone who is as far along as Keuchly is in being a complete player as a rookie. Sure he has lots to learn but plays at a high level already. Imagine what he can do when he actually knows as much as Beason does, for example.

#20 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

i guess it got smartphone'd

No. A smart phone would have corrected some of that gibberish. I half expected a link to a "cheap jerseys" site at the end of that post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users