Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Bowl: American Tradition, American... Holiday?

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

moving it to Saturday is more likely to happen than another holiday...and to be honest, understanding that Sunday is football day traditionally...moving the Superbowl to Saturday makes a whole lot of sense.

oh...and while we are at it...move the damn Pro Bowl back to after the Superbowl!

Posted · Report post

oh...and while we are at it...move the damn Pro Bowl back to after the Superbowl!

won't bring any more viewers.

Posted · Report post

What about all of the people who have to work during the super bowl? That should be the real federal holiday, right?

But who would bring me my pizza? :(

Posted · Report post

Nfl should just change the time IMO. Friday night, Saturday anytime or earlier on Sunday. All of those are better for most of working America.

Posted · Report post

I guess you' right, with the national days i must be around 45 / year

I'm honestly a bit jealous sometimes. Multi-faceted discussion, but Europe seems to have a better angle on the work/life balance thing than the US.

Posted · Report post

It will never get moved to Saturday and it will never be a holiday the dat after. Sorry, drunks.

Posted · Report post

I don't have a job, go to school or anything or have any kind of life at all. Suckers

Posted · Report post

Hell yea, you guys' Sunday is my Monday, so I'll be at work :(

Posted · Report post

Yeah see the problem with "National Hollidays" is Govt employees and bank tellers are the only people that actually get them off. I always work the various holidays and I can't imagine the burden of having your kids out of school and an employer that expects you to show up.

On the subject of parties. I always have the family over and I always regret it. I just want to enjoy the last football game of the season.

Posted · Report post

Just change the game to Saturday night so everyone isn't completely fuged Monday morning

Posted · Report post

Add two regular season games and adjust the schedule so the Monday after the Super Bowl is President's Day...

Posted · Report post

I think the dirty little secret is the NFL wants you to go to work on Monday. They want you having water cooler conversations about commercials and calling sports radio to brag about all the money you made. If everyone sits at home it becomes a social media phenomena but loses that traditional "talk to your coworkers" moment the next day.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments