Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brown's unsure about future of Cribs & Dawson

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If the Browns were to cut either of those guys, we should at least kick the tires. Cribbs is a former probowler and has some upside. Phil Dawson is one of the most consistent kickers in the league. Should be upgrades at either position.

Posted · Report post

Has Cribbs been good as of late. Not gonna lie, I haven't seen Cleveland much recently.

Posted · Report post

Carolina Browns...again

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Stroupe-a-loop' timestamp='1359120217' post='2114099']
Has Cribbs been good as of late. Not gonna lie, I haven't seen Cleveland much recently.
[/quote]

He's been suffering more from the QB situation and a scheme that focuses heavily on the ground game. But his returning has gone down a bit. I still think the guy has some skills that could help us at receiver.

Posted · Report post

Cribbs is a better returner than anyone we have on the roster right now. If he could help at WR then that's just extra... our STs suck ass.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nc_biscuit' timestamp='1359122372' post='2114130']
Cribbs is a better returner than anyone we have on the roster right now. If he could help at WR then that's just extra... our STs suck ass.
[/quote]

That is 100% true. I wasnt thinking that way, but youre absolutely right.

Posted · Report post

I'd sign Dawson like today...

If we had cap space :)

Posted · Report post

Chud's farewell gift to us

Posted · Report post

No thanks to Cribbs, the kickoff changes have neutered him. Dawson is one of the best, but also one of the oldest Kickers in the NFL. Cleveland franchised him not long ago, dunno if they have any plans to let him go.

Posted · Report post

Cribbs hasn't done much in a while (receiving and returning)... Plus Rogers (ST Coach) said he's not giving up on Joe Adams. As for Dawson he'd be a two year rental (a damn good one at that) I'd rather have something more set in stone

Posted · Report post

Dawson: Hell yes. I'm tired of losing nailbiters. A good kicker will help tremendously.

Cribbs: Maybe? I know he had a fairly large contract for a return man/generic weapon. If we could get him for cheap I'd take a serious look at him.

Posted · Report post

No thanks on Cribbs bc I am sure he doesn't see himself as a ST player and depth at WR.