Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Barnwell: Worst Coaching decision of the year goes to.....

78 posts in this topic

Posted

One of Ron Rivera's worst moments of many this year.

In fairness, the Panthers were surprisingly less successful during 4th downs in 2012 than compared to 3rd down. Nonetheless, Barnwell, kinda cobbled the numbers together to make his argument stronger by including 3rd dwn conversions that the Panthers were very successful at. He didn't have to. You play to win, not to lose. You don't have to make apologies or skew the numbers for that (unless your team is just plain bad at 4th down conversions). It was still a bad decision by Rivera. It was only inches.

I actually thought the article was going to be about the "Worst Coach" In The NFL. And I wouldn't have been surprised if I saw Ron Rivera on or leading that list. LOL.

Posted

But he learned from it!

Posted

barf

Posted

Pretty sure Chud called the play... Although Rivera should've stepped up and said "Chud you're going full retard" I still blame Ol' Chud

Posted

Rivera could have stayed at home and it wouid have been less damaging to his team's chances of victory.

Posted

Pretty sure Chud called the play... Although Rivera should've stepped up and said "Chud you're going full retard" I still blame Ol' Chud

Chud doesn't make the call to punt. That's all on the Head Coach. Had Ron decided to go for it, it would have then been up to Chud to decide what play to run.

Posted

Surprise, Surprise another Grantland article bashing the Panthers. The worst coaching decision this year was John Fox deciding to stay conservative (in a playoff game) and run the ball on 3rd and 7 to ice the game against the Ravens. You've got Peyton Manning as your QB and you run the ball to ice the game?!?!? Everyone knew it was coming, it's John fugn Fox.

Bill Barnwell is a fat looking assclown why anyone posts his poo is beyond me.

1 person likes this

Posted

Chud doesn't make the call to punt. That's all on the Head Coach. Had Ron decided to go for it, it would have then been up to Chud to decide what play to run.

Touche sir... Touche

Posted

Surprise, Surprise another Grantland article bashing the Panthers. The worst coaching decision this year was John Fox deciding to stay conservative (in a playoff game) and run the ball on 3rd and 7 to ice the game against the Ravens. You've got Peyton Manning as your QB and you run the ball to ice the game?!?!? Everyone knew it was coming, it's John fugn Fox.

Bill Barnwell is a fat looking assclown why anyone posts his poo is beyond me.

Good point...

That's a good description sir.. Now I know what he looks like

Posted

this game could have turned around our season

Posted

I want this Barnwell's job. How much does he paid to state the obvious?

Posted

chud made the decision to punt?

shouldn't have been his call.