Photo
- - - - -

panthers were offering coaching candidates 1 year deals...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,470 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

JR, once again, is hedging his bets rather than going all in to win.

Wonder why we keep getting coaches that punt with two minutes left to go down by 6? Cause that's what their owner wants.

Question his decision to keep Rivera....there are very valid points for why we may should have cut bait.

However, once that decision was made, you almost had to go down the path of one year contracts.

#77 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,732 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

We'll find out if Rivera can put it all together this season. For our sake, I truly hope he does.

If Rivera can get through this next season successfully, then he's one helluva coach.

#78 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,187 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Question his decision to keep Rivera....there are very valid points for why we may should have cut bait.

However, once that decision was made, you almost had to go down the path of one year contracts.

unfortunately, this is the case. thats the frustrating trend, in efforts to bring about needed change, we fear bringing about too much change at once and end up creating more problems and digging more holes for ourselves that we have to climb out of.

they just haven't been able to think more than a step ahead and its making the process take too long and limiting the possible reward. its making the process harder to sell to players, fans, and prospective coaches because its taking too long to reap the rewards. no one has patience. do they need it? probably, but they don't have it and you aren't going to make them have it. thats just the way it is and you either adjust to those with no patience and who expect quick results or you fall behind while others adapt to it.

#79 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

I think it'll be tough to not get this team into the playoffs next year with Cam starting to bloom.

this is why we should have did everything possible to get the best guys

#80 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,230 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Expectations were pretty high at the start of the year. Most of the frustration round here stems from those expectations not being met.

Going to be interesting to see the mood of this place after Gettlemen has made a few decisions on players.

Expectations from fans and some players yes but not from ownership and management.

#81 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,379 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

just going to throw this out there, and yes, it is according to "league sources" but it's probably right anyway.

fwiw, i think that dorsey and skipper were decent hires.

Most positions that are not the head coach receive on year deals. I wonder why the article does not point that out?

I suppose it is because it makes the article much less interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com