You've convinced me. Title changed.

wow lol

#47 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Basically, Steve was pretty patient considering who his QBs have been over the years, and the fact that Fox wanted conservative play.

#48 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,878 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Personally I don't believe he was throwing smitty under the bus. Back in the day Smith was a diva. We all know he was. He's changed a lot now, plays with the most passion in the game but he's changed his attitude. He's said it himself. He was younger and when you're young you tend to be more brash than when you're a bit older and more wiser.

#49 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Personally I don't believe he was throwing smitty under the bus. Back in the day Smith was a diva. We all know he was. He's changed a lot now, plays with the most passion in the game but he's changed his attitude. He's said it himself. He was younger and when you're young you tend to be more brash than when you're a bit older and more wiser.

He was a diva...still is to a degree.

Difference is today he will stand in front of a camera and talk about how mature he is and grown (sounding awesome).....the following week he will go trash talk Cam and complain to the media, then not control his emotions in a game taking himself virtually out of plays, etc. Still the same ticking time bomb.

Good dude away from the game. Smith has proven time and time again.....if you put him in a competitive enviroment it tend to bring out his negative qualities.

#50 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Lol the title for this quote is like something you read for an Onion article.

"Vernon Davis proves to us he's mature by blaming his immaturity on others"

#51 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Meh, no big deal.

#52 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

He was a diva...still is to a degree.

Difference is today he will stand in front of a camera and talk about how mature he is and grown (sounding awesome).....the following week he will go trash talk Cam and complain to the media, then not control his emotions in a game taking himself virtually out of plays, etc. Still the same ticking time bomb.

Good dude away from the game. Smith has proven time and time again.....if you put him in a competitive enviroment it tend to bring out his negative qualities.

That has nothing to do with what Vernon is talking about. Steve aint never holdout, or cry over getting the ball. We ran the ball, it was what it was

#53 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

let's be real....Steve Smith is lucky he played the bulk of his career with a class act like Jake as his QB. Kept issues from being bigger issues.

in the meantime,

Smith has punched 3 teammates
to date, still has problems controlling his on field emotions
Still will pout on the field or go to media if he isn't happy.

Diva. He may be our diva.....but he is one.

You're being to hard on 89. Sure he fought multiple times but he plays with a chip on his shoulder. And he's always the last one standing up even though he's the smallest.

He's no DIVA!! He's not even half way near CJ or T.O. He barely goes to the media. He pouts here and there but at the end of the day he knows his QB. Go back and look how he reacted to Jake during Jake's pathetic debacle game vs Pilly in the season opening back in 09'.

He's never going to cry or goes off if he doesn't get the ball. The only time Ive ever seen 89 goes off on game days was back in 10' when Clausen was so damn badd. 89 always had a great relationship with Delhomme, even with Vinny, and still now Cam. 89 only went off on Cam once and lets say that is a blessing in disguise that needed to happen for the better of Cam.

#54 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

this is what i was talking about with CRA in the lounge a while back, guys.

#55 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'm not sure he's "being too hard on 89".

Actually only in the Carolinas would "punching three teammates" be taken so lightly.

I think it was worse than that. He basically put 3 teammates OUT OF FOOTBALL, ending their careers.

That's a little more than "having passion".

#56 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I cant believe this jack wagon!!! There's 10 other tight ends I'd take before him. If he didn't run a 4.3 he wouldn't have went first round. he has brick hands and can only run one route! smh

#57 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

with all the passing in the league today.......... I guess the diva RB is just around the corner.

#58 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

isn't vernon davis that gay guy that does all the stupid gay art and thinks he's so much better than everybody else?

#59 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I'm not sure he's "being too hard on 89".

Actually only in the Carolinas would "punching three teammates" be taken so lightly.

I think it was worse than that. He basically put 3 teammates OUT OF FOOTBALL, ending their careers.

That's a little more than "having passion".

This

But but but he only sucker punches people bc he is passionate.....that is lame. He does it for the same reason he took himself out of the Seattle game in huge chunks fighting with a CB.

Smith is so good you put up with his garbage. Steve Smith himself will tell you there are guys in his own lockerroom that have said enough is enough and to this day won't forgive him......

He is what he is.....the spin is silly. Trying to claim I am some Smith hater is comical. I am just not a fanboy who refuses to not see the good and bad. Smith deserves more crap than he has recieved....in a football context

#60 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

this is what i was talking about with CRA in the lounge a while back, guys.

What would that be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com