Photo
- - - - -

Smitty backhands Norman on instagram.....

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#46 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,384 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Damn lol!!!

Smitty and Norman still going on after the season.

#47 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,797 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Norman is what happens when the last CB you drafted when it counts was Richard Marshall. Hurney sucked.

#48 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

While you're there, Cap, see if they have a WR that doesn't assault his teammates.

#49 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Its funny to see people laughing at this when we had to deal with the same play from Munnerlyn for 3 years till he turned it around. Way to have confidence in the guy. Norman will get better.

#50 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,079 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

I realize you recognize Smitty's football skills, but for whatever reason you've always been overly critical of everything else. I dunno if he dissed you at a game, or someone you know or what. What you do is far from "pointing it out" or "not homerishly slurping everything he says/does."

Has Smitty made mistakes? Yes. Was he wrong to punch those guys? Yes. Does he have an ego? Yes. Does he have character flaws? Yes. Is he a diva? No. Here's why: He's never been selfish. When he's complained about not getting the ball, it's not because he just wants to get his. It's because he legitimately believes the best chance the team has to win is getting him the ball. And for the most part, he's always been right. His tantrums haven't been of a selfish nature, it's always been about the team. And that's what separates him from divas, and why his tantrums are tolerable.

I don't think he's the perfect human being with no negative qualities whatsoever, but he's certainly not this hybrid of TO, Mike Tyson and a 13 year old girl getting her first period on crack that you tend to portray him as.

He has punched out 3 teammates, has made things tougher when thing get tough (2010), to date he still struggles keeping his head in a game and out of pointless scuffles, and runs off to the media when he shouldn't still. Steve has recently said there are plenty of guys in his lockerroom that won't even forgive him for the issues he has created...

I am not too hard on him. Sometimes too man go overboard with creating him into something more. He doesn't need to be falsely made into more....just let him be what he is.

I completely seperate the football player and man away from the game. Only the football player is a concern of mine...

#51 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

It is possible that Smitty just doesn't like Norman, and therefore talks poo.

Just because these guys play a sport doesn't mean every beef they have has to remain silent or 'stay in the locker room'.

Not saying he was in the right if he was talking poo, but as fans we sometimes have a habit of blowing the poo talking out of proportion.

#52 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Steve probably has a problem with him being cocky without proving anything......a lot of vets do not like cocky players without proving themselves first.

#53 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I think smitty was joking, he won't put something out there so controversial for everyone to attract to like flies on dingo berries. Everyone takes things so serious. Man, I would hate to be in their shoes when every and anything can be taken out of context.

Also, Norman didn't do nearly as bad as Captain did last year plus Norman is a rookie that is expected to have growing pains with huge growth potential. I would like him over most number 2's in the league. You guys are primes a-holes.

#54 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,079 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

It is possible that Smitty just doesn't like Norman, and therefore talks poo.

Just because these guys play a sport doesn't mean every beef they have has to remain silent or 'stay in the locker room'.

Not saying he was in the right if he was talking poo, but as fans we sometimes have a habit of blowing the poo talking out of proportion.

Exactly. Norman came in as a cocky idiot who ran his mouth before he should of....

CJ evenly called out various members of his D for not working hard. He didn't use names. Norman was however the only one benched....

So all signs point to Smitty just not being impressed and calling out Norman.

All those insisting it was just some joke don't want Smith to in the wrong...

#55 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,384 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Steve probably has a problem with him being cocky without proving anything......a lot of vets do not like cocky players without proving themselves first.

Yup! I'm sure 89 is just giving Norman hell.

Norman will get better though. Sherman 2.0

#56 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,079 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I think smitty was joking, he won't put something out there so controversial for everyone to attract to like flies on dingo berries. Everyone takes things so serious. Man, I would hate to be in their shoes when every and anything can be taken out of context.

Also, Norman didn't do nearly as bad as Captain did last year plus Norman is a rookie that is expected to have growing pains with huge growth potential. I would like him over most number 2's in the league. You guys are primes a-holes.

Um, Captain had a very strong year last year....he was a much better player. Not apples to apples since Capt played so much slot but Capt was very good with what was asked. Top secondary performer

#57 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

If Smitty did not like Norman he would not have mentioned him.

The fact is that Norman made enough of an impression on Smitty to be on his mind.

How many rookie CBs have done that in Smitty's history? none.

#58 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I am referring to the season where he was the dedicated number corner when he got torched an gave up the most passes among corners in the league and when quarterbacks had over 100 qbr against him. I am speaking of the first season Cam was here.

#59 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Um, Captain had a very strong year last year....he was a much better player. Not apples to apples since Capt played so much slot but Capt was very good with what was asked. Top secondary performer

Uninformed comments get the doh response.

#60 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,947 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

If Smitty did not like Norman he would not have mentioned him.

The fact is that Norman made enough of an impression on Smitty to be on his mind.

How many rookie CBs have done that in Smitty's history? none.

Well he shouldnt have been riding the bench then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.