Photo
- - - - -

Smitty backhands Norman on instagram.....

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#61 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,305 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I am referring to the season where he was the dedicated number corner when he got torched an gave up the most passes among corners in the league and when quarterbacks had over 100 qbr against him. I am speaking of the first season Cam was here.

Well, Captain is a slot guy....not his fault. Like running DWill as a power RB up the gut all game and then acting like Williams just stinks.

Capt is a good slot CB.

#62 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Well, Captain is a slot guy....not his fault. Like running DWill as a power RB up the gut all game and then acting like Williams just stinks.

Capt is a good slot CB.

I wasn't doubting the fact that captain is a good slot corner I simply said that Norman did better as a dedicated #2 than Captain during the time when they got their chances.

#63 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,305 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

If Smitty did not like Norman he would not have mentioned him.

The fact is that Norman made enough of an impression on Smitty to be on his mind.

How many rookie CBs have done that in Smitty's history? none.

So I guess when Smitty claimed this ain't Notre Dame no more....that was just his way of letting us know Clausen was his boy and the shizzle

#64 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,305 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

I wasn't doubting the fact that captain is a good slot corner I simply said that Norman did better as a dedicated #2 than Captain he the time when they got their chances.

Both where poo in full time roles on the outside. Different reasons why though

#65 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

So I guess when Smitty claimed this ain't Notre Dame no more....that was just his way of letting us know Clausen was his boy and the shizzle

Those are 2 different circumstances, Clausen had arguably the worst season in qb history, while Norman was respectable when you look at his numbers.

#66 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Both where poo in full time roles on the outside. Different reasons why though

Norman wasn't poo as Captain. I don't get why you don't get the fact that Captain was the worst in the league and Norman wasn't. Just saying someone is poo without having the stats to back it up goes back to my saying that you must have been like a pig watching tv, all you see are beautiful colors.

#67 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,305 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Those are 2 different circumstances, Clausen had arguably the worst season in qb history, while Norman was respectable when you look at his numbers.

I'd rather look at his play....which got him benched in a weak secondary.

All Norman really did was tackle people after they got what he gave them....and teams systematically toyed with him.

Capt didn't get benched. Capt at least tried to stop people....nothing he can do about being short

#68 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Well he shouldnt have been riding the bench then

You do know the only reason why Rivera benched him was to see what he had in Dockery right?

#69 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

I'd rather look at his play....which got him benched in a weak secondary.

All Norman really did was tackle people after they got what he gave them....and teams systematically toyed with him.

Capt didn't get benched. Capt at least tried to stop people....nothing he can do about being short

The reason Captain didn't get benched was because there was no one to step up. Tell me who was the next corner up on the squad to take Captains place. Saying that Captain tries doesn't make the fact better that he was the worst in the league. Everyone tries, but does that make it better?

#70 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,305 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Norman wasn't poo as Captain. I don't get why you don't get the fact that Captain was the worst in the league and Norman wasn't. Just saying someone is poo without having the stats to back it up goes back to my saying that you must have been like a pig watching tv, all you see are beautiful colors.

I said capt was poo then but they asked him to be something he wasn't so that shouldn't be a shock.

Rivera benched him bc all he did was give up play after play after play. Tackle stats don't always show good play....his benching is proof enough.

#71 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

You do know the only reason why Rivera benched him was to see what he had in Dockery right?

Nothing to do with Norman being statistically one of the worst CBs in the league?

#72 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,305 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Had nothing to do with teams picking on him every time they needed yards and him giving up every slant route.....and Rivera constantly having to explain he wasn't playing the zone coverage right

#73 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I said capt was poo then but they asked him to be something he wasn't so that shouldn't be a shock.

Rivera benched him bc all he did was give up play after play after play. Tackle stats don't always show good play....his benching is proof enough.

If you think I am talking about tackle stats then you havent' been paying attention what I have been writing. I want to see qbr against norman and completion averages. That's what matters, plus you don't think Norman was benched to see what kind of depth is on the roster? Do you not understand that JR was in Rivera's ears saying "i want to see what some of the others boys on the roster can do?"

#74 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Nothing to do with Norman being statistically one of the worst CBs in the league?

Instead of your opinion which means alot, can you please provide stats?

#75 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,305 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

If you think I am talking about tackle stats then you havent' been paying attention what I have been writing. I want to see qbr against norman and completion averages. That's what matters, plus you don't think Norman was benched to see what kind of depth is on the roster? Do you not understand that JR was in Rivera's ears saying "i want to see what some of the others boys on the roster can do?"

Well, what are you talking about them.....unknown numbers you don't have or know?

you bench old vets to give young guys an audition. Not rookies. Norman wasn't good and was abused. You let young guys take their lumps if they show promise and you believe have a future as your starter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com