Photo
- - - - -

Smitty backhands Norman on instagram.....

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#76 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,206 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

..and most likely player to be blinsided by a undersized-firey wideout this summer is....

#77 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Well, what are you talking about them.....unknown numbers you don't have or know?

you bench old vets to give young guys an audition. Not rookies. Norman wasn't good and was abused. You let young guys take their lumps if they show promise and you believe have a future as your starter

Ok, well looking at the wpa, out of all of the number 1 and 2 corners Norman (wpa .52), ranked higher than Thomas (wpa .51 ranked 74) and Gamble (wpa .05 ranked 155), at 72 out of all the dbs in the league, Captain at his best position was ranked 13th with a wpa 1.29.

Now how's that for your stats? You make opinions and quotes based on your limited knowledge which is very slim.

So that puts Norman in the upper half of number 2's in the league, like i said.

#78 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Its funny. I thought Norman was doing pretty good the first part of the season compared to other rookie CB's then all of a sudden people were saying he was sucking big time. He gives too much of a cushion, is it because his speed is subpar? or can this problem be fixed. He has a nice CB body...

#79 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Whatever FPT means Norman ranked higher than all of the corners as well with a 102.25 versus Thomas who had 61 vs Captain who had 91.25 and Gamble who had 20.25. So until you can come up with stats, your opinion is just that with no basis of facts CRA. Now you have been called out, lol. :sword:

#80 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

It's pretty clear sometimes in these threads who has never played a sport.

#81 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Smitty on Instagram straight flexin'

#82 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

I do not like this at all. I prefer my players to be the strong silent type who speak nothing but good about everyone, go to church twice a week, and sit around the gatorade bucket and sing kumbaya.

#83 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Steve called out Dwayne Jarret too. Steve does not tolerate failures.

#84 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,971 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Ok, well looking at the wpa, out of all of the number 1 and 2 corners Norman (wpa .52), ranked higher than Thomas (wpa .51 ranked 74) and Gamble (wpa .05 ranked 155), at 72 out of all the dbs in the league, Captain at his best position was ranked 13th with a wpa 1.29.

Now how's that for your stats? You make opinions and quotes based on your limited knowledge which is very slim.

So that puts Norman in the upper half of number 2's in the league, like i said.

If your stat was reflective of his play....he wouldn't of been benched. You are throwing reasoning and common sense out the window.

You don't bench one of the best #2 CBs who happens to be a rookie to see what else you got.....come on now....

Why don't you go back and watch some games as team systematically picked him apart on slants over and over and over.

#85 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,971 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Whatever FPT means Norman ranked higher than all of the corners as well with a 102.25 versus Thomas who had 61 vs Captain who had 91.25 and Gamble who had 20.25. So until you can come up with stats, your opinion is just that with no basis of facts CRA. Now you have been called out, lol. :sword:

lol....do you even know what that stat is?

Fantasy football points

8 yard slant for Chicago...first down. Norman tackle. Norman gets a fantasy point. Repeat until Chicago wins...Norman's point total goes up.

There is a reason he had so many tackles...

#86 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Fantasy football points

8 yard slant for Chicago...first down. Norman tackle. Norman gets a fantasy point. Repeat until Chicago wins...Norman's point total goes up.

Coach kept playing the same coverage over and over again in Chicago.. Not Normans fault

http://profootballta...-loss-to-bears/

They did pick on Norman a lot this year but people also picked on Patrick Peterson his rookie year as well as Moris Claiborne. Rooke CB's struggle all the time

#87 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Fantasy football points

Okay, so fpt is fantasy points but if you looked past the wpa that I mentioned, Norman still had the best averages over all of the 1's and 2's on the roster. So if you can point to one game to prove your point, as one stated about Claiborne, also think about what happened to Peterson and an that rookie in New York. Case in point, you don't know the stats so until you can come up with your own, then there is nothing else to be said if you can't come up with stats to show that Norman was in the bottom half considering the amount of targets he faced.

#88 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,971 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Coach kept playing the same coverage over and over again in Chicago.. Not Normans fault

http://profootballta...-loss-to-bears/

They did pick on Norman a lot this year but people also picked on Patrick Peterson his rookie year as well as Moris Claiborne. Rooke CB's struggle all the time

And Norman wasn't playing it correct as was addressed by Rivera ...and it is why teams were picking on him and not Thomas.

#89 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

And Norman wasn't playing it correct as was addressed by Rivera ...and it is why teams were picking on him and not Thomas.

I feel like he shouldn't have started the season at 2 CB because of the huge transition from DII School to the NFL. Give him time he has potential

#90 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,971 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Okay, so fpt is fantasy points but if you looked past the wpa that I mentioned, Norman still had the best averages over all of the 1's and 2's on the roster. So if you can point to one game to prove your point, as one stated about Claiborne, also think about what happened to Peterson and an that rookie in New York. Case in point, you don't know the stats so until you can come up with your own, then there is nothing else to be said if you can't come up with stats to show that Norman was in the bottom half considering the amount of targets he faced.

I have to explain to you what your bogus fantasy football stat is yet I am making up stats?

You don't need to look at stats....you just need to watch Norman play from week 3 until he was benched. Opponents figured out he simply have them freebie yards....and played pitch and catch with him racking up tackles. Too big of a liability so he was benched. The other Josh was flawed but at least tried to make opponents earn it.

Rivera benched him despite having nothing but scrubs behind him. That trumps any stat you are scrambling to find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com