Photo
- - - - -

Smitty backhands Norman on instagram.....

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#106 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,061 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

When Norman was benched our secondary got a whole lot more solid and cohesive. Were you not watching games or was it Madden skewing your love for Him bc Norman and Brandon Hogan are killing it for me!

#107 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

When Norman was benched our secondary got a whole lot more solid and cohesive. Were you not watching games or was it Madden skewing your love for Him bc Norman and Brandon Hogan are killing it for me!

Hogan's performance was never really quantifiable due to injury.

I hardly think that the book has been written on Josh Norman---not from what I saw. He is going to have to have the time to be coached up and hone his coverage skills. I do believe he has some talent, it's just that the speed of the game was too big of a jump for him to be a legitimate starter from day one. I don't know if it's so much his lack of speed that got him into trouble as much as it was his judgment of spacing and angles. Just my thought though. We will see.

Personally, I am hoping that we give the Honey Badger a good look.

#108 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

You do know the only reason why Rivera benched him was to see what he had in Dockery right?

Pretty ridiculous statement, with no evidence...AT ALL. When Norman got benched....he was benched and only saw the field on special teams. If he did only bench Norman to look at Dockery he fuging found what he was looking for, because he outplayed Norman big time.

#109 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

I guess you are reading what you want to read, Norman was the best corner we had, maybe he wasn't what Rivera wanted but he was an upgrade over Captain. Is Thomas a better corner? I don't know at this point, but it's strange that Rivera benched him when the season was over and not when we still had a chance to make a run.

So in Rivera's mind, Norman gave the team the best chance to win.

I honestly think that you do not watch the games or are somewhat unsure what is supposed to happen during them. When we are on defense we are supposed to keep the other team from catching the ball for a first down, a first down is when the offense gains ten or more yards. They are bad.

#110 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I honestly think that you do not watch the games or are somewhat unsure what is supposed to happen during them. When we are on defense we are supposed to keep the other team from catching the ball for a first down, a first down is when the offense gains ten or more yards. They are bad.

Ok pal, but if you look at qbr, Norman wasn't stellar but had more success than Thomas. I don't know if you were watching, but I rewatched the first Saints game and Brees didn't really throw to side much because the way Norman played the ball. So say want you like, numbers don't like but drunken brew drinking goggles do.

#111 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Ok pal, but if you look at qbr, Norman wasn't stellar but had more success than Thomas. I don't know if you were watching, but I rewatched the first Saints game and Brees didn't really throw to side much because the way Norman played the ball. So say want you like, numbers don't like but drunken brew drinking goggles do.

Saints game:

Norman:
Throw at: six times
Catches allowed: 5
Yards allowed:74
Avg12.3
Qb rating:118.1

Every single one of those stats were the highest among Panther corners ( captain tied with receptions allowed). Brees targeting Norman less is false.

#112 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

I guess you are reading what you want to read, Norman was the best corner we had, maybe he wasn't what Rivera wanted but he was an upgrade over Captain. Is Thomas a better corner? I don't know at this point, but it's strange that Rivera benched him when the season was over and not when we still had a chance to make a run.

So in Rivera's mind, Norman gave the team the best chance to win.

You make no sense.

Norman was not the best CB we had.

If he was....he wouldn't of been benched. That defies all logic.

Season wasn't over for Rivera....he had to win meaningless games.

#113 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

I think his hate for Godfrey goes even deeper.

I don't hate anyone....

Godfrey is a below average S who this board treats as above average. He has the skill set to be a beast.....he just can't do it on a football field consistantly

#114 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

I think his hate for Godfrey goes even deeper.

His hatred for anything that doesn't coincide with his fantasy world of darkness and despair knows no bounds.

Nothing new here. CRA is doing his usual bitch fest where he acts as if he actually knows what he is talking about and isn't making any asinine assumptions.

#115 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

His hatred for anything that doesn't coincide with his fantasy world of darkness and despair knows no bounds.

Nothing new here. CRA is doing his usual bitch fest where he acts as if he actually knows what he is talking about and isn't making any asinine assumptions.

Sure, I am making assumptions...

Just like those wanting to assume it was a joke. Too many take things too seriously. You do realize my assimine assumptions are no different than those who take the opposite stance, right?

"Oh noes, CRA hates everything about Carolina bc he didn't opt to take a sunshine and rainbow stance on every possible thing that may involve a Carolina Panther...." Negative aspects are just a reality of players and sports franchises....and they are worth discussing.

Darkness and despair? I am higher on this current team than most on this board....so that wouldn't be accurate.

People have differing opinions. Not sure why some take such great issue when someone respectfully has one.

#116 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

This is a good joke, and an extra motivation for Norman ! ;-)

#117 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Pff just did a article that placed Norman at the top in first downs/ touchdowns allowed per snap. He had the highest at 8.95. Though he still was just a fifth round rookie, not a nail in the coffin yet.

#118 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Pff just did a article that placed Norman at the top in first downs/ touchdowns allowed per snap. He had the highest at 8.95. Though he still was just a fifth round rookie, not a nail in the coffin yet.

yep. that makes you one of the worst CBs in the entire NFL in 2012. Now, I am not saying he has no future as he was a 5th round CB treated like a 1st rounder.....

but I doubt Smith, who isn't known as a jokester in Carolina, was joking about someone being complete garbage when they pretty much were garbage. Smith does however have a track record of calling guys out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com