14 replies to this topic

#1 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

I think I'm gonna get this game. Looks pretty good.

Single Player

Multiplayer

#2 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,411 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

for just a second I thought I clicked on the Tinderbox when I saw the title....no lie

#3 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,313 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

I think I'd like this better if they weren't going back to the same place and the same storyline. I'll probbaly play it anyway because I'm a fan of the series and it looks fairly soild, but I relaly hope it doesn't suck.

#4 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

I think it's different story line but the same place..

#5 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,313 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

I think it's different story line but the same place..

I know, but I think the franchise could benefit from staying within "the canon" and going with truly fresh ideas instead of the Sulaco and LV-426 again. The game itself looks respectable though, so they get the benefit of the doubt for now.

#6 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

I know, but I think the franchise could benefit from staying within "the canon" and going with truly fresh ideas instead of the Sulaco and LV-426 again. The game itself looks respectable though, so they get the benefit of the doubt for now.

I agree... I played AvP2 for almost 4 years, I really hope this game is good.

#7 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Man they've been working on this game for years. It was supposed to come out in like 2010 IIRC. At least it looks good from those videos.

#8 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,313 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Anyone else check out the IGN livestream? 2 hours of live single and multiplayer gamplay with the developers; I watched a few minutes and it looks pretty solid.

http://www.ign.com/v...olonial-marines

#9 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,525 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

Will be tough. I will be holding it up to the standard set by AVP2, which, like Arsen said, I played for years until you literally couldn't find enough people to fill a 16 person game room.

I'm very optimistic. And I love the idea of a Alien canon storyline. The one thing that really bums me out is the invention of the new aliens. Of course I understand why, but AVP2 was a thrilling campaign with 5 alien species, only one of which wasn't in the movies. When I see a head-butt alien, it just kills the Alien thing for me. Hugger+Human= Alien, Hugger+Dog=Runner, Hugger+Predator=Predalien, but these new species, where the hell do they come from?

#10 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,313 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Will be tough. I will be holding it up to the standard set by AVP2, which, like Arsen said, I played for years until you literally couldn't find enough people to fill a 16 person game room.

I'm very optimistic. And I love the idea of a Alien canon storyline. The one thing that really bums me out is the invention of the new aliens. Of course I understand why, but AVP2 was a thrilling campaign with 5 alien species, only one of which wasn't in the movies. When I see a head-butt alien, it just kills the Alien thing for me. Hugger+Human= Alien, Hugger+Dog=Runner, Hugger+Predator=Predalien, but these new species, where the hell do they come from?

Gearbox mentioned something about species perhaps being determined more by hive composition (queen vs. no queen, etc.) than just host species alone. Will be interesting to see how these changes are implemented and, perhaps more importantly, if they're able to do it in a way that isn't ridiculous.

#11 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,770 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Getting horrible reviews. GI gave it a 4/10. Not surprised, looks bad anyway.

#12 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Made by same "crew" slash guy who was in charge of the Duke Nukem Forever game. Once I figured that out, I knew that it wouldn't be that great. And alas, reviews suck.

I dunno who that guy was, but he hypes up his games so much, and never seems to deliver. I remember watching a development video of Duke Nukem, and he was all about the game, saying so much stuff, hyping it up, and basically made it sound like the game was going to be great. Result: crap.

Same type of video I watched for development of Aliens. I don't get it, this guy is all talk and doesnt back up his mouth. Just seems like they put out sub par games. Sad.

#13 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

Randy Pitchford is the CEO of Gearbox, and while I'm not a big Pitchford fan, he didn't even really make Duke Nukem Forever, he just released it. 3D realms and Triptych Games had basically finished it in 2009 but needed a publisher.

#14 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,525 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Jesus. Can we long-suffering Alien franchise fans finally get something decent? The only franchise fans that suffers more from the continuous tepid dribble of infected failure is the Starship Troopers fanbase. Seriously, for the last 2 decades these two franchises have been dying slow deaths from mediocre games and crappy sequels.

Browns fans got nuthin on Sci-Fi/Action fans right now.

#15 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,313 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

It's not a great game by any means but I'm enjoying it for what it is - an average to below-average shooter with an Aliens license. The sound and environments are spot-on, but the graphics and story leave much to be desired. I've heard multiplayer is fun but haven't played MP to see for myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.