Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huddle mock offseason sign up/depth chart thread.

188 posts in this topic

Posted

jumbo_shot43360292.jpg

QB Aaron Rodgers, Graham Harrell

RB Felix Jones, Johnathan Franklin, Alex Green, Ryan Grant, DuJuan Harris

FB John Kuhn

WR James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, Jeremy Ross

WR Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Marcus Davis

TE Jermichael Finley, Tom Crabtree, D.J. Williams, Ryan Taylor

LT Bryan Bulaga, Marshall Newhouse

LG T.J. Lang, Greg Van Roten

C Evan Dietrich-Smith

RG Josh Sitton, Richie Incognito

RT DJ Fluker, Don Barclay

DE Ryan Pickett, Mike Neal, Mike Daniels

NT B.J. Raji, Bennie Logan, Jordan Miller

DE C.J. Wilson, Jerel Worthy

OLB Dezman Moses,Trevardo Williams, Frank Zombo

ILB A.J. Hawk, Desmond Bishop

ILB D.J. Smith, Jamari Lattimore, Terrell Manning

OLB Clay Matthews, Erik Walden

CB Tramon Williams, Jarrett Bush, Davon House

CB Casey Hayward, Davon House

SS Charles Woodson Sean Richardson

FS Morgan Burnett, M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian

K Mason Crosby

P Tim Masthay

LS Brett Goode

KR Randall Cobb

PR Randall Cobb, Tramon Williams

Draft Picks

1st- 26 DJ Fluker, OT Bama

2nd- 23 Bennie Logan, DT LSU

3rd- 26 Trevardo Williams OLB, Connecticut

4th- 25 David Quessenberry, C/OG San Jose State

5th- 26 Marcus Davis, WR Virginia Tech

6th- 25 Johnathan Franklin, RB UCLA

7th- 26

Trades

Sam Shields traded to Dolphins for Richie Incognito

Free Agency

HB Felix Jones

C Evan Dietrich-Smith

OLB Erik Walden

Posted

I really think teams like the Skins are at a disadvantage in this mock.

There is no way they let some of these guys walk to FA. They would do exactly what teams do and restructure/cut other players in order to resign some of these guys. But here, I am unable to do that and I don't have any cap.

Posted

There is no way they let some of these guys walk to FA. They would do exactly what teams do and restructure/cut other players in order to resign some of these guys. But here, I am unable to do that and I don't have any cap.

I feel ya.

The Giants are losing their starting left tackle, starting left guard, starting free satety, starting tight end and Osi Uminyiera.

Meanwhile a team like Cleveland loses a couple kickers, some scrubs and has $50 in cap room

Hence the reason I favored a straight draft.

Don't look at your roster when all is said and done, just evaluate your draft picks.

It is what it is.

Posted

I feel ya.

The Giants are losing their starting left tackle, starting running back, starting free satety, starting tight end and Osi Uminyiera.

Meanwhile a team like Cleveland loses a couple kickers, some scrubs and has $50 in cap room

Hence the reason I favored a straight draft.

Don't look at your roster when all is said and done, just evaluate your draft picks.

It is what it is.

would you rather have it a unlimited # of releases? and just use rotoworlds free agent list?

Posted

would you rather have it a unlimited # of releases? and just use rotoworlds free agent list?

I was taking a shot at you or anything. You do a great job setting this up. It's just hard to make moves when your top 5 FAs are automatically gone.

It would probably be way too confusing but I think it'd be cool to have a 2-3 day period for guys to look at their rosters and make restructures, cuts, and resigns. We could limit the number of restructures to make it realistic. This way, it's your fault if you lose a guy to FA.

Posted

I was taking a shot at you or anything. You do a great job setting this up. It's just hard to make moves when your top 5 FAs are automatically gone.

It would probably be way too confusing but I think it'd be cool to have a 2-3 day period for guys to look at their rosters and make restructures, cuts, and resigns. We could limit the number of restructures to make it realistic. This way, it's your fault if you lose a guy to FA.

i didnt take it as one,but restructures would also be very confusing.doing this way also dictates the way you draft and trade.

Posted

How do you propose doing resigns/restructures that would be fair? Who's to say what a fair price would be for a player? You can't just say, "I resign X player for X amount" and poof it happens. At the end of the day you still have the edge over other teams on resigning your players due to the fact that you can bid more than them and still end up paying the same amount(hometown discount).

Posted

How do you propose doing resigns/restructures that would be fair? Who's to say what a fair price would be for a player? You can't just say, "I resign X player for X amount" and poof it happens. At the end of the day you still have the edge over other teams on resigning your players due to the fact that you can bid more than them and still end up paying the same amount(hometown discount).

Actually Munch that isn't the case at all.

For instance your Bengals have $44 cap room, his Redskins zero.

Posted

Actually Munch that isn't the case at all.

For instance your Bengals have $44 cap room, his Redskins zero.

Whats your point? No one forced him to join the league, no one forced him to pick the Redskins. We added the ability to cut players this year, thats more than you could do last year. This is supposed to be as realistic as possible, and that means making hard decisions on cuts if you want to resign some key players. And the fact of the matter is that there is no fair way to do restructures or resignings. Best way to do it is the way that Dacitykats came up with, and that is give a discount to teams that win the bidding for their own free agents.

Edit: Its also not like he is losing any key players. Losing a FB, a TE coming off ACL injury, Second string OLB, mediocre guard, and a aging saftey. If he REALLY wants to keep those guys he could cut Deangelo Hall, Barry Cofield, Trent Williams or others to have the money to keep those free agents.

Posted

For the Broncos, who do I consider top 4 free agents. Sorry if it's been talked about. Just at work on phone trying to figure it all out.

Posted

Lol, ok Munch.

You're right, no one forced him to join.

1 person likes this

Posted

if its not filled by thursday 7pm, we can start claiming a 2nd team.

I think I just counted 22 completed rosters so far.