#16 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,243 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

the people who find themselves between "liberals" and "conservatives" are consistently the dumbest people on the face of the planet

and since im smarter than you that makes you what? an end table?

#17 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,942 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

What do you have against end tables?

#18 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,243 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

hey guys I think we should ignore this stuff no matter how prevalent it is because "both sides"

like you know, that one time, that one dude, did that thing, that was almost in the same ballpark as the thing we're talking about

you are falling into the trap of the faux rage. and when i say the other side, its to show that within a group, no matter how much you love or identify with it, has some epic jackasses in it and just might be more clever and discerning at masking it's true view on things. or at least has the sense to NOT post it on fb.

so let's all just throw our hands up because of this fb post because now humanity needs another harmonal convergence because of what a few cro magnon's said.

hence me saying bigger fish to fry. are there not much more important issues facing the US right now than some chuckleheads on fb? srlsy?

#19 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,698 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Logical and tinderbox don't really go together.

it had its share of ridiculous fallacies and double standards but there's a high level of constructive debates in here (at least as far as it pertains to checks and balances that help shape the way I view an issue.) I wouldn't spend my time here if it was just a gaggle of morons

#20 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,243 posts
  • LocationMontford

What do you have against end tables?

usually a couch or love seat, maybe some early 20's film noir decor. or something mid 60's modern. have to keep the feng shui in order.

#21 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

oh what a surprise the same person who thinks that there is some sort of virtue in finding "common ground" between republicans and democratics also thinks he's smart. i've never heard that one before

#22 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,243 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

so then you are telling me you are not open to or at least incapable of change? or seeing the other side of the coin?

if so, you would be a great hire for a compliance officer at any uber major bank.

#23 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

i'm telling you that there are a wide range of options out there for any given issue and to dumb them down to "the liberal plan or the conservative plan or the golden middle" is an affront to intelligent discourse

#24 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,243 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

boiling it down for the purpose of the tinderbox. brevity and bottom line type stuff.

also keep in mind a very key word in the title of this thread. then look at my response and then go back and look at what you are saying and then after that, tell me again about this phrase, how do you say, intelligent discourse?

of course there is a wide range of options. lol. next you are going to tell me coke zero has no calories.

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,942 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

it had its share of ridiculous fallacies and double standards but there's a high level of constructive debates in here (at least as far as it pertains to checks and balances that help shape the way I view an issue.) I wouldn't spend my time here if it was just a gaggle of morons

IMO, it has devolved into groups of conservatives and liberals pointing fingers and making insulting comments about each other. With the occassional conspiracy theorist thread of course. Although I guess in that regard, its mostly following the pattern of the rest of the country. Or mayber the board always been that way, but I am just burnt out on political discussions.

I still come here sometimes and will probably come more when football season is over, and I guess I do see rational discussions of issues on occassion, but it seems to be a rare occurence anymore.

#26 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,074 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

you are falling into the trap of the faux rage. and when i say the other side, its to show that within a group, no matter how much you love or identify with it, has some epic jackasses in it and just might be more clever and discerning at masking it's true view on things. or at least has the sense to NOT post it on fb.

so let's all just throw our hands up because of this fb post because now humanity needs another harmonal convergence because of what a few cro magnon's said.

hence me saying bigger fish to fry. are there not much more important issues facing the US right now than some chuckleheads on fb? srlsy?

How am I faking outrage?

And it's not just about stupid people on facebook. The only role facebook plays here is documenting what we know has been a problem.

And yes, every "side" has dumb people. I don't need to hear this in every thread. That doesn't mean that they're equal. If that was truly the case, the people in the middle that I'm guessing you identify with aren't actually the ones putting out the fires or whatever. Since every shade of the spectrum has dumb people, why does that not apply to the free-thinking moderates for some reason

:/

#27 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,074 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

i would say 80% of liberals and the same # for con's are stuck in mental quicksand on seeing the bigger picture of things. the other 20% are putting out fires or trying to be some kind of liason between opposing viewpoints.

Again I ask, why are the "middle men" somehow above everyone else?

#28 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,243 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

how many articles, cable news shows etc have segments dedicated to everyday people solving issues? how often do they have someone on air in an interview that is boringly bland middle of the road? not often.

more often than not, the media will have the most fringe person they can find, from either side, on a show.

im not putting them above anyone in as much as im saying those that see the world a bit more even handedly, are less apt to go after the camera or a blog or chasing noteriety. instead they just quietly go about their business.

those same folks, from either side, usually don't get caught up in the muck and mire on fb. they just take a less visable route to everyday life or issues.

#29 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,074 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

actually presenting both sides of any argument no matter how stupid and finding middle ground or saying "both sides r bad nobody wins" is quite common

You should watch CNN some time

#30 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,243 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

watch it all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.