Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

#62 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

right, but he is on the wacko fringe, while the sentiment expressed in the OP is mainstream (or at least a significant percentage of individuals.) therein lies the difference.

^^^ since we are talking about the wacko fringe.

#63 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,248 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

again, the difference is that one comprises an entire voting bloc catered to by a political party while the other is laughed off.

#64 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

again, the difference is that one comprises an entire voting bloc catered to by a political party while the other is laughed off.

Not really...Michelle Williams made that PSA before the RNC in Tampa. Has nothing to do with the election or a certain voting bloc correct?

Edit: If I recall correctly, Romney was pulling ahead of Obama slightly before the Tampa RNC. Don't quote me on that though.

#65 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

right, but he is on the wacko fringe, while the sentiment expressed in the OP is mainstream (or at least a significant percentage of individuals.) therein lies the difference.

What are you basing that supposition on?

#66 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,565 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

bingo

#67 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,565 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

btw fair warning DD will inform you that the ratio of ignorant people in both parties, factions, etc. are exactly 1:1

#68 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

And the good Sheikh will inform you that his side is right and the other side is wrong, and will post random facebook chats and links to buzzword definitions to back up his opinion.

#69 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,565 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

And the good Sheikh will inform you that his side is right and the other side is wrong, and will post random facebook chats to back up his opinion.

Are you not informing us that you are right and I am wrong?

Are you not trying to pull random examples from the internet to back up your opinion?

ffs

#70 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• HUDDLER
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAbT4utwmkE

Not gonna lie.. that scared the poo outta me. Not because I'm White, not because I feel threatened. But because I honestly did not realize such fringe groups were out there in today's day and age. Since the other side in the KKK is probably just as bad, I'm beginnning to really lose hope in humanity, and that's what's truly fearsome. I'd have thought we'd all evolved a little more than that.

Call me cracker and honky all you want... those are just words that I could not care less about. To honestly speak of raising up armies for the sole purpose of butchering a different ethnicity is absolutely disgusting, frightening, and mostly... saddening. I was raised to believe people are people, and are good for the most part. They fall into two categories - people who are cool, and people who are assholes, and that's how I view the world.

I know some folks will now call me naiive, but I don't want to believe in a world where someone can hate for so little prompting of just a different skin color (or political belief, for that matter). I don't hate anyone.. not even those who have done me wrong over the years. I don't exactly love everyone either, but I refuse to waste my so little time and energy on this planet being consumed by hate. Why?? Why do this?? It's such a fuging waste...

#71 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

lots of edits in that audio track.

#72 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Are you not informing us that you are right and I am wrong?

Are you not trying to pull random examples from the internet to back up your opinion?

ffs

Sure we all try to back up our beliefs and opinions. And I have no doubt conservatives have a vocal group of extremist who would be better served to keep their opinions to themselves. I just don't understand why its hard to admit that the other side also has a vocal group of extremist. As far as the ratio of crazies on both sides of the aisle, none of us really know what that ratio is.

#73 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Fwiw, a few years after 9-11, a poll was taken that suggested 22% of Democrats believed it extremely likely that Bush knew of and perhaps assisted in the 9-11 attacks. Another 28% believed it was probable. And after Obama's election, somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 plus percent of republicans believed that Obama was born overseas.

IMO, those polls provide some evidence that both sides have a very large number of people capable of holding extremist and ridiculous views.

#74 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,792 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

i don't recall who originally said this but it still seems to ring true: some of the worst policy in america is preceded by the words "in a bipartisan agreement"

anyway my intent here is to say that "liberal" vs. "conservative" vs. "the middle of the two" leaves out a fugton of options. for example, both president obama and the republicans have campaigned on austerity, and much of the debate centers on just how much; meanwhile, leftists who believe that the country would see far greater benefit from actually increasing spending in a stagnant economy, raising tax rates, and perhaps even significantly cutting the budget of a military that costs about as much as the rest of the world's militaries combined, are completely shut out of the process. when both major parties have already ruled out viable options as a matter of ideology (as both the democratic party and the republican party as a whole are conservative, corporatist parties), the idea that "the middle" of the two is somehow, again, virtuous in any way, is laughable. now, it may be "imperative" in the context that poo policy is better than gridlock, but poo policy is poo policy, and i'm tired of golden mean dipshits parading around like they're somehow thinking outside the box by "acting as a liaison" between two parties that mostly differ on just how much they want to fug the poor and middle class

you basically described your congress. thats where the new health care plan came from. rather than something smart, they just threw crap together, didn't really vet it and threw out for public consumption.

#75 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,955 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Well except for the fact that Presidents and Congresses have tried to get health care reform going for literally decades and came close 20 years ago, sure, it was all just thrown together at the last minute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.