- - - - -

Is there an agenda behind the anti dual threat, hybrid or read option QBs

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
Guests

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

I like how fans of their respective teams want all their skill positions to be 'athletic'. They want the fastest RBs, WRs, TEs and espcially CBs but god forbid their QB is 'athletic', all of a sudden they're all up in arm crying about it. Unless, of course, that 'athletic' QB is also 'tall' like Ben Rothlisberger then it's all copacetic.

It was amazing to me how many people believed Luck should have been drafted over RG3 not because of their skills but what the fans are 'used' to. The Colts fan seems to be quite 'used' to watching Reggie Wayne catch all those balls during their yearly journey to the playoffs. And not to mention all the other 'athletic' players they had.

I have no problem with the NFL declaring QBs in some organizations an affirmative position for non-athletic white players. Where certain teams like the Colts, per se must only draft white QBs. Just put it out there. But stop shoving the 'pocket passer' code word in our face like we're stupid. To be honest, that's quite embarrassing.

#12 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

you must be KT's boy

#13 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

There is no agenda. Just because you've noticed a lot of fans (out of literally millions ) have stupid or bias remarks doesn't mean there is a unified agenda agianst hybrid Qb's.

#14 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• LocationFLORIDA
HUDDLER

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image

#15 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

i don't think the problem was the frequency of the read option as much as how often cam kept it, how predictable it was, the OL being inadequate, and chud just not paying attention to whats going on. he was a crap playcaller.

Yep. Chud called plays based purely on percentages, not based on situations or how certain defenders were playing (is the DE over pursuing? Will that LB bite on a play-action? Is that CB trying to jam us at the LOS?). I HATED running the read-option on 2nd and 10, and Chud seemed to love it there. It would often result in 3rd and 13-17 which is usually a dead drive.

#16 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

The only one who has an agenda is the OP.

#17 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

Posted Image

iirc it was that fat piece of poo rush limbaugh who "played the race card"

the poo mcnabb caught from dipshits who've prob never even been tackled in their lives was entirely unwarranted

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

iirc it was that fat piece of poo rush limbaugh who "played the race card"

the poo mcnabb caught from dipshits who've prob never even been tackled in their lives was entirely unwarranted

who did he catch it from? remember that there were complaints that he was trying to be a pocket passer.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

The only one who has an agenda is the OP.

agreed.

it was kind of apparent the direction he was wanting to go.

#20 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
Guests

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

Posted Image

Well dude, whether you call it race card or not, I have nothing invested in this. Because of that I'm impartial. So pointing out those obvious annoyances doesn't mean I am using race to get favoritism. But those people who wants QBs to stay non-athletic or 'in the pocket' obviously wants to maintain the status quo. So they get mad and vilify people who point that out by using the race card accusation to intimidate them.

There is no justifiable reason anyone would want an athlete to be able to throw a football but specifically doesn't want them to be able to run. And you know it. The league has one too many mediocre QBs that can't get out of the their own way. You and I both know Brady was quite ridiculous in that 4th & 4 he coudn't pick up with his leg in the AFC championship game. It was so bad I literally tried to push him to the first down line through my TV. I do also notice that racists do love to use the race card accusation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users