212 replies to this topic

#166 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

I think Will Privette woulda rolled his chair over Paige to rush the court if we won the title

#167 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

I think Will Privette woulda rolled his chair over Paige to rush the court if we won the title

Wouldn't take much to crush Paige... :lolu:

#168 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

^^I would say act like you've attended a four year university but lol

Oh yeah, because I obviously don't...

Just enjoy your one win against UNC, kid.

#169 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

kid.

1991 DOB? lol

#170 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Loved the win.

I love the UNC excuses even more though. It's a baaaad UNC team and there's not a player on that team I would want over our 6 man rotation.

We should've beaten them by 30 and the 2nd half performances as of late have me worried. If we can get it together by the tourney then watch out if not we will be ousted early.

#171 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Loved the win.

I love the UNC excuses even more though. It's a baaaad UNC team and there's not a player on that team I would want over our 6 man rotation.

We should've beaten them by 30 and the 2nd half performances as of late have me worried. If we can get it together by the tourney then watch out if not we will be ousted early.

Agreed this is one of the worst UNC teams I've witnessed... So you wouldn't take Bullock or Hairistion? (Not trying to start an argument just trying to talk basketball) I'd definitely take Howell and Brown off your hands lol

I agree I thought yall were gonna blow us out and I'm expecting yall to do big things if State can stay consistent

#172 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Loved the win.

Idk if we're just getting fatigued or if it's a mental thing like we tend to sandbag against people when we get a lead.

I wanna believe we'll iron everything out like last year's team and just start playing lights out come tourney time. Gott shoulda figured out how to fix this by now.

#173 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Actually whats better than the excuses is the butthurt pie-rep from people that can't even hold their own Posted Image

Y'all have the weirdest way of coping haha

#174 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Loved the win.

For some reason I thought that you were a dook fan...

#175 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

This thread is cracking me up.

UNC fans are terrible losers, big surprise.

They beat us 13 times in a row with loaded rosters and a hall of fame coach, we finally put a team with an equal amount of talent together and handle their ass at home and the UNC fans start swinging their dicks around about wins from years past.

Keep whining and pointing to wins from years ago. Meanwhile we'll keep recruiting as well as UNC and win in the present. Julius Randle anyone?

Oh and yes, it makes a difference if you went to college at the university you pull for. You can go buy a t-shirt at Wal-Mart and call yourself a fan, but until you've been in the student section screaming your head off with red paint on your chest, or celebrating at the bell-tower after a win, or drinking on Hillsborough St. with your roommates, or camped outside to get student tickets all night or outside the free-expression tunnel to stop UNC fans from painting it, or jumped up and down on the court after a win, you REALLY DON'T know what it's like to be a fan of a university team. You just don't, unless you went there, and lived there for 4 years and experienced the fan culture as a student.

Of course, I don't know what UNC fans do, maybe buying a Wal-Mart shirt and sipping water out of the over glorified water fountain that symbolizes the school makes you a fan? You guys tell me.

This is OUR STATE.

#176 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

They beat us 13 times in a row with loaded rosters and a hall of fame coach, we finally put a team with an equal amount of talent together and handle their ass at home and the UNC fans start swinging their dicks around about wins from years past.

Keep whining and pointing to wins from years ago. Meanwhile we'll keep recruiting as well as UNC and win in the present. Julius Randle anyone?

Oh and yes, it makes a difference if you went to college at the university you pull for. You can go buy a t-shirt at Wal-Mart and call yourself a fan, but until you've been in the student section screaming your head off with red paint on your chest, or celebrating at the bell-tower after a win, or drinking on Hillsborough St. with your roommates, or camped outside to get student tickets all night or outside the free-expression tunnel to stop UNC fans from painting it, or jumped up and down on the court after a win, you REALLY DON'T know what it's like to be a fan of a university team. You just don't, unless you went there, and lived there for 4 years and experienced the fan culture as a student.

Of course, I don't know what UNC fans do, maybe buying a Wal-Mart shirt and sipping water out of the over glorified water fountain that symbolizes the school makes you a fan? You guys tell me.

This is OUR STATE.

My whining was in the heat of the moment and I apologize for that. Yall do have a great team. I really am a big fan of Richard Howell he's a rebounding machine. Scott Wood is so clutch off of the screen it's not even funny.

But I don't see how this applies? I know it's a big difference from sitting in the fan section compared to the other seats but a fan is a fan right? Why should you have to go to the school to be considered a fan? I mean what your saying is you can't be a Panther fan unless you own them, work for them or play for them, because anybody can buy Panthers gear. Not trying to be a douche just really don't see how that applies.... (hypothetically) If you would not have gotten in to State and was accepted into UNC would you root for UNC or still be a State fan?

To me being a fan is being there through the good times and the bad and just cheering for the team you like.

And I wish you the best of luck throughout the rest of the season (except Feb. 23 :P). Oh, and just some friendly trash talk :jig:
Posted Image

#177 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

I'm not a sore loser at all. I've said for you guys to enjoy you win. Maybe some UNC fans have been a little bit upset because we aren't used to being bad (for our standards). However, I do think that it's cute that State fans consider North Carolina their state :P

#178 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

But I don't see how this applies? I know it's a big difference from sitting in the fan section compared to the other seats but a fan is a fan right? Why should you have to go to the school to be considered a fan? I mean what your saying is you can't be a Panther fan unless you own them, work for them or play for them, because anybody can buy Panthers gear. Not trying to be a douche just really don't see how that applies.... (hypothetically) If you would not have gotten in to State and was accepted into UNC would you root for UNC or still be a State fan?

To me being a fan is being there through the good times and the bad and just cheering for the team you like.

And I wish you the best of luck throughout the rest of the season (except Feb. 23 :P). Oh, and just some friendly trash talk :jig:

I'm not saying people can't be a fan if they didn't attend the university; I'm saying it's different.

The Panther analogy doesn't work to me since the Panthers are a single team that represent the Carolinas. The organization is part of a 32 team business with teams that rep cities or regions all over the country. NC State's athletics are supposed to represent the University. I 'chose' to be a Panthers fan true, though the biggest reason I became one was because I live in NC. I suppose if you live in Chapel Hill or Raleigh it would be hard not to pick a team. And likewise, there are plenty of people who went to the university and aren't 'fans'. But it is a different fan experience if you attended the university.

I guess it just angers me when people who live in Wilmington or Boone or wherever trash talk me about how many National Championships UNC has won when they haven't even been to Chapel Hill and only watch their basketball team, AND only when they're good. I have plenty of friends who went to UNC who I respect a lot more when they poo talk me than someone who chose UNC because they were good when they were young.

Oh, and I've seen that university athletics comparison chart all over the interwebs, How many of those National Championships were before you were born? That's like me bragging about Grover Cleveland being elected President in 1884 because I'm a Democrat. :)

Yes, UNC is an older university with a much more storied athletics program, I'll grant you that. NC State has had it's moments, and I believe they're on their way to creating some new ones THIS YEAR.

#179 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

This is OUR STATE.

Well damn somebody is excited. Dont worry, I remember the first time my school won a rivalry game too

#180 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

Terrible losers? What does that make you 13 straight times?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nc state, unc, basketball, ALL THOSE JIMMIES, ALL THAT RUSTLIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.