Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brooklyn Bully

Worst team names in sports

62 posts in this topic

no you don't. there are 3 cats (jaguar, leopard, cougar) that can be classified as panthers, and none are native to NC. there used to be cougars throughout North America but they're now extinct in all but the west coast and southern tip of Florida.

Seen big cats in Cherokee often. Hell, one walked by our house one evening in guilford county. Cougars are everywhere.

These dallas cowboy fans shoul;d be shown to the smack forum. They just bandwagonin cause dallas sucked.

Not sure if college mascots are in play here but how about the BANANA SLUGS?

Sammy the Slug

University of California, Santa Cruz, Mascot

The only name in sporta that really makes sense, are the New England Patriots.

Seen big cats in Cherokee often. Hell, one walked by our house one evening in guilford county. Cougars are everywhere.

graph i read listed 'extinct or severely reduced numbers' as the same thing which is bad graph making

graph i read listed 'extinct or severely reduced numbers' as the same thing which is bad graph making

Every now and then one will get struck by a vehicle in Cherokee and the same thing gets repeated: escaped pet. I dunno dude. I only know what I've seen. In east Texas they got bad for a short time going after my grandpas cattle. I shot a deer down there and it's whole backside was torn up pretty good.

I think what does resonate from the blogger is our franchise is boring to the neutral fan. That I understand. But it has little to do with our name choice. Everything to do with our 43% ish win record and small market with few national games. We dominated the Eagles on national tv this year and people just shrugged.

1 person likes this

Oh yea Maple Leafs. Nothing scary about that at all. It's like theTrees or Plants or some other bland generic name derived from nature.