Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst team names in sports

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, they're not officially extinct in NC and are, in fact, on the endangered species list. There are no known population centers in NC and many biologists do believe the Eastern Cougar to be extinct with only the Florida Cougar still remaining.

There are still numerous "sightings" reported annually.

info:

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Learning/documents/Profiles/Cougar.pdf

There was a show on Animal Planet years ago where a cougar was spotted in one of the eastern NC swamp areas.

Posted

There was a show on Animal Planet years ago where a cougar was spotted in one of the eastern NC swamp areas.

Well that settles it then. An animal common to the area..

But actually I see more possums around here.

Posted

My High School was the Jets. Another in the same county are the Rockets.

Terrible terrible.

Can I make a guess?

Enka Jets and Reynolds Rockets?

Posted

I don't think the team actually uses the Panther enough in its packaging. Sure it's the logo, but that's about the end of it. The Vikings have their whole thing, and the Eagles and Bucs are also good at working in the stuff their team is named after. Even the Falcons pay tribute to their mascot by flying high above the radar and diving at the last minute.

Panthers are awesome animals and they should work that in more to how the team is presented.

Could be because there aren't actually any panthers in the Carolinas.

One reason they do not use the Panther theme as much on there advertising.. is due to the fact JR.. likes to emphasizes that this is not just a North Carolina team but a Team for the Carolinas north and south.

Posted

New Orleans Pelicans is the worst name in all of american professional sports

When I opened this thread I thought FOR SURE it was in response to New Orleans changing their teams name to the pelicans! I mean c'mon the PELICANS??? I understand it's the state bird but WTF???

Posted

I don't think the Pelicans name is nearly as bad as Orioles. I mean, it's a bird a little larger than a finch that eats grape jelly.

Posted

Greensboro Grasshoppers....greatest name of all time.

Posted

no you don't. there are 3 cats (jaguar, leopard, cougar) that can be classified as panthers, and none are native to NC. there used to be cougars throughout North America but they're now extinct in all but the west coast and southern tip of Florida.

The bar I used to frequent when I was younger had cougars running around all over the place.

Posted

http://www.carolinaw...s.com/id32.html I did not want to comment..but it seems that my work here is never done. Yes kids...it appears Panthers are a great name for our team.....BTW, what the hell is a "Brown"

Posted

Yeah, quite ridiculous list. Hoepfully noone actually went to the link to patronize that B.S.

Posted

The only name in sporta that really makes sense, are the New England Patriots.

Carolina hurricanes and Houston oilers makes perfect sense. Washington capitals. The texans also.

Posted

I don't think the Pelicans name is nearly as bad as Orioles. I mean, it's a bird a little larger than a finch that eats grape jelly.

Lol