61 replies to this topic

#46 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,457 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

I don't think the team actually uses the Panther enough in its packaging. Sure it's the logo, but that's about the end of it. The Vikings have their whole thing, and the Eagles and Bucs are also good at working in the stuff their team is named after. Even the Falcons pay tribute to their mascot by flying high above the radar and diving at the last minute.

Panthers are awesome animals and they should work that in more to how the team is presented.

Could be because there aren't actually any panthers in the Carolinas.

Yes there are.

#47 JccOldTime23

JccOldTime23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

Interesting list. I think the B*****s should have been number 1 though. GO HORNETS.

Also I like the Panther nickname. I always have.

#48 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,569 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

no you don't. there are 3 cats (jaguar, leopard, cougar) that can be classified as panthers, and none are native to NC. there used to be cougars throughout North America but they're now extinct in all but the west coast and southern tip of Florida.

Well, they're not officially extinct in NC and are, in fact, on the endangered species list. There are no known population centers in NC and many biologists do believe the Eastern Cougar to be extinct with only the Florida Cougar still remaining.

There are still numerous "sightings" reported annually.

info:
http://www.ncwildlif...iles/Cougar.pdf

#49 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,542 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Well, they're not officially extinct in NC and are, in fact, on the endangered species list. There are no known population centers in NC and many biologists do believe the Eastern Cougar to be extinct with only the Florida Cougar still remaining.

There are still numerous "sightings" reported annually.

info:
http://www.ncwildlif...iles/Cougar.pdf

There was a show on Animal Planet years ago where a cougar was spotted in one of the eastern NC swamp areas.

#50 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

There was a show on Animal Planet years ago where a cougar was spotted in one of the eastern NC swamp areas.

Well that settles it then. An animal common to the area..

But actually I see more possums around here.

#51 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

My High School was the Jets. Another in the same county are the Rockets.

Terrible terrible.

Can I make a guess?

Enka Jets and Reynolds Rockets?

#52 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

I don't think the team actually uses the Panther enough in its packaging. Sure it's the logo, but that's about the end of it. The Vikings have their whole thing, and the Eagles and Bucs are also good at working in the stuff their team is named after. Even the Falcons pay tribute to their mascot by flying high above the radar and diving at the last minute.

Panthers are awesome animals and they should work that in more to how the team is presented.

Could be because there aren't actually any panthers in the Carolinas.

One reason they do not use the Panther theme as much on there advertising.. is due to the fact JR.. likes to emphasizes that this is not just a North Carolina team but a Team for the Carolinas north and south.

#53 DenverPantherFamily

DenverPantherFamily

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

New Orleans Pelicans is the worst name in all of american professional sports

When I opened this thread I thought FOR SURE it was in response to New Orleans changing their teams name to the pelicans! I mean c'mon the PELICANS??? I understand it's the state bird but WTF???

#54 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,542 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

I don't think the Pelicans name is nearly as bad as Orioles. I mean, it's a bird a little larger than a finch that eats grape jelly.

#55 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Greensboro Grasshoppers....greatest name of all time.

#56 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,630 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

no you don't. there are 3 cats (jaguar, leopard, cougar) that can be classified as panthers, and none are native to NC. there used to be cougars throughout North America but they're now extinct in all but the west coast and southern tip of Florida.

The bar I used to frequent when I was younger had cougars running around all over the place.

#57 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

http://www.carolinaw...s.com/id32.html I did not want to comment..but it seems that my work here is never done. Yes kids...it appears Panthers are a great name for our team.....BTW, what the hell is a "Brown"

#58 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yeah, quite ridiculous list. Hoepfully noone actually went to the link to patronize that B.S.

#59 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,156 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

The only name in sporta that really makes sense, are the New England Patriots.

Carolina hurricanes and Houston oilers makes perfect sense. Washington capitals. The texans also.

#60 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,638 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I don't think the Pelicans name is nearly as bad as Orioles. I mean, it's a bird a little larger than a finch that eats grape jelly.

Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.