Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who would you like us to draft in this scenario?

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Lane Johnson OR Keenan Allen, I'd like a trade down at this point.

Posted

It depends on what has happened in the offseason to that point but at this point it would be either Johnathan Hankins or Johnthan Banks

Posted

Give me Taylor Lewan, and we can release Gross.

Posted

L.Johnson (LTs are hard to find, and ours is 33 years old) OR

C. Patterson (FINALLY get the big, playmaking WR we have wanted since this franchise began)

Rivera and McDermott have much more experience on defense, so Shula will be given weapons. Johnson would upgrade the OL immediately at RT and move to LT as he develops, allowing Gross to continue his career at RT, In the second round, A very good WR can be found, but none with the playmaking ability Patterson has. Still, a LT and a Q. Patton or Justin Hunter is not a bad draft.

If we go with Patterson, it is very possible that we draft a CB in the second round.

I expect Gettlemen to find a DT in free agency, attempt to re-sign Capt. Munnerlyn as the nickel, and find a G in free agency.

By the way, I know the past suggests that 3 QBs are taken in the top 10, but this crop stinks. I think GMs have learned their lessons about reaching for Gabberts, Ponders, and Lockers.

Posted

Give me Taylor Lewan, and we can release Gross.

Lewan will be a senior at Michigan next season.

Posted

Lewan will be a senior at Michigan next season.

Lewan going back to school? Man, this stinks. Of course he probably would have been gone before our pick anyway.

Posted

Lewan going back to school? Man, this stinks. Of course he probably would have been gone before our pick anyway.

Yes, he and Matthews. If they had not, we would have been loaded at OT in this draft. Check out Lane Johnson from Oklahoma. He has all the tools, just a bit raw. I think he will be our pick if on the board.

Posted

Why are QBs even on that list?

Posted

justin hunter

Posted

1. Jesse Williams

2. Cordarelle Patterson

3. Jonathan Banks

4. Shariff Floyd

Posted

Here is a very condensed breakdown that explains why I think we will draft OT Lane Johnson if on the board:.

1. LT is as hard to find as QB, and nearly as valuable.
  2. Gettlemen said "QB, big guys, TD makers, and Pass Rushers." We have 2 of those.
  3. It is widely regarded in the NFL that the 4 cornerstones of any good team are: QB, LT, DE (pass rusher), and CB (shut down).
  4. The defense was 10th and they have 2 exprienced coaches. The offense was worse and they have Shula. Gettlemen will give Cam protection and weapons.
  5. Gettlemen will choose between offensive big guys and TD makers. Since LT is a cornerstone and a need and WR is not, he will take the LT.
  6. If your position is, "Lane Johnson is raw and needs developing," you are correct. So is Patterson if he is the WR you seek.
  7. Johnson allows Gross to stay on a reworked deal. He could play 3 more seasons if moved to RT, so you upgrade 2 positions.
  8. There are going to be some very solid WRs and CBs in the second round. Names like Hunter, Hopkins, Patton Ryan, Ammerson, etc. could very easily fall to 44.
  9. We have no developing talent at T. We have no real reserve LT (Campbell?) Remember, Garry WIlliams will be a cap casualty.

I would love to see a stud WR here, but I think we will draft a CB in the second round (G, DT in free agency). CBs are pretty solid in this draft, and we need one opposite Thomas. However, if we can talk Gamble into a severe paycut, maybe....

Posted

justin hunter

Haha, he said justin hunter.