Yes, he and Matthews. If they had not, we would have been loaded at OT in this draft. Check out Lane Johnson from Oklahoma. He has all the tools, just a bit raw. I think he will be our pick if on the board.
Lewan going back to school? Man, this stinks. Of course he probably would have been gone before our pick anyway.
Who would you like us to draft in this scenario?
Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:05 AM
Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:09 PM
2. Cordarelle Patterson
3. Jonathan Banks
4. Shariff Floyd
Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:13 PM
- LT is as hard to find as QB, and nearly as valuable.
- Gettlemen said "QB, big guys, TD makers, and Pass Rushers." We have 2 of those.
- It is widely regarded in the NFL that the 4 cornerstones of any good team are: QB, LT, DE (pass rusher), and CB (shut down).
- The defense was 10th and they have 2 exprienced coaches. The offense was worse and they have Shula. Gettlemen will give Cam protection and weapons.
- Gettlemen will choose between offensive big guys and TD makers. Since LT is a cornerstone and a need and WR is not, he will take the LT.
- If your position is, "Lane Johnson is raw and needs developing," you are correct. So is Patterson if he is the WR you seek.
- Johnson allows Gross to stay on a reworked deal. He could play 3 more seasons if moved to RT, so you upgrade 2 positions.
- There are going to be some very solid WRs and CBs in the second round. Names like Hunter, Hopkins, Patton Ryan, Ammerson, etc. could very easily fall to 44.
- We have no developing talent at T. We have no real reserve LT (Campbell?) Remember, Garry WIlliams will be a cap casualty.
Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:22 PM