Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Healthcare stuff. Fat and Smokers, Beware

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't have a whole lot of pity for smokers and fat people...

New "healthcare stuff" has caused a ton of layoffs to occur in January. Thank reductions in reimbursement for that. Quest Diagnostics did theirs in October...and bigger hammers are dropping. Smaller areas will be hit soon.

I know lots of obese people. None want to be obese.

Posted

I'm pretty scared, we haven't had our health benefits talk in my office yet and our benefits are supposed to renew in february.

It was designed to kick your ass AFTER the ellection. Hang on.

Posted

It was designed to kick your ass AFTER the ellection. Hang on.

Well it was either this or the concentration camps Romney would put 40% of the poors in.. But hey he ran a business even though he passed the same fugin bill in his state. Skull n Bones + Mormon = voldermort

Posted

Well it was either this or the concentration camps Romney would put 40% of the poors in.. But hey he ran a business even though he passed the same fugin bill in his state. Skull n Bones + Mormon = voldermort

Ric is that you? First I've heard about those. You got a link?

Posted

need a link cause this slanderous!

Posted

The obese I know are pretty well known to order enough for my family of four alone, and have very good jobs where there's no way in hell they'll ever burn all those calories. I'd bet that the vast majority of their daily caloric burns come from bathing and toilet visits.

Posted

I did not say that they do not want to be obese. But, it is their choice to have had poor eating habits and poor exercise habits.

Once you are obese, it is very difficult to have the will power to change your complete lifestyle. But this does not change the fact that getting that way was a result in poor choices they made during their lives.

I am not judging (as I have very poor exercise habits and marginal eating habits)....and I have the expanded waistline to prove it. But, I know that I have this body because of the choices I make (eating crap) and the choices that I do not make (to exercise regularly)

Posted

Thanks old wise one. Ignoranced can be fixed.

Prick! Being a prick can't.

Please explain how someone deciding to start smoking is not a choice......

Once you are a smoker, I know it is extremely difficult to stop. But, it is still a choice.

Posted

Please explain how someone deciding to start smoking is not a choice......

Once you are a smoker, I know it is extremely difficult to stop. But, it is still a choice.

Sorry. We know you are not a prick.

Anyway, what about if you were working on a backer field, pulling backer and your coworkers and daddy pressure you to light up. I mean with like beatings and such. Hanging you upside down from the 6 tire in a 7 tier backer barn, while they are curing backer? Huh? What about that?

Posted

you could still stop smoking.

Posted

Next it will be the beer and liquor drinkers.

Posted

Next it will be the beer and liquor drinkers.

Doubtful. Moderate drinkers are healthier than those who abstain