44 replies to this topic

#16 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,902 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

doesn't sound like an American thing to me....fug this new health care law.

I hate this current administration with a passion, I hope they try and remove my guns, I'm not alone millions of crazy ass people are just like me. I also hated the last president Mr. Bush but he didn't try to steal my GOATS! Touch my goats and I will cut your throat,.

God Bless MY AMERICA~!!

Yee Ha!!

#17 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

From my understanding, smokers and the obese die earlier and actually save money. We all die of something... The costs for treating lung cancer for a few months pale in comparison to treating Alzheimer's for a decade. There have been a number of studies to that effect..
Though I'm sure there are those to the contrary as well.

I could sort of believe that with smokers, since most of the diseases caused by smoking kill you pretty quickly. But obesity causes a bunch of long term problems like diabetes, not to mention all the drugs you will be taking for cholesterol and high blood pressure and the higher likelihood that some joint will need to be replaced from all the weight you're carrying.

#18 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,022 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

so the Obese fund the Big Pharma with Diabetes meds and Food industry..... everyone wins with fat people! Except at the beach.

Fat Peeps = Job Creation..Chris Christie for prez!

#19 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,826 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Obesity is not always a choice. Just as smoking is not always a choice. Besides, the states sued and settled with tobacco companies on health care cost. What have they paid out to ailing smokers? When states settled with tobacco companies, they took on this responsibility. When I quit smoking, I paid all the cost. When I was diagnosed with cancer, from smoking, all the cost treatments were my responsibility.

Smoking is ALWAYS a choice. To say it is not shows complete ignorance.

Obesity is a little trickier...even though it really is a choice. Some people have lower metabolism a and are more prone to gaining weight. However, it is still a choice to consume more calories than you burn in 99% of the situations.

#20 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

you may be predisposed to being heavy genetically but obesity... 25%+ body fat...that shiat ain't genetic.

#21 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

you may be predisposed to being heavy genetically but obesity... 25%+ body fat...that shiat ain't genetic.

Exactly. Lot's of fat people like to point to the fact that their whole family is fat, completely ignoring that their entire family has bad eating/exercising habits.

60 years ago fat people were a rarity. A fat gene didn't just sneak into your family's bloodline one night at the buffet 30 years ago.

Habits changed. Most people no longer burn calories at work because they sit at a desk all day. People also consume more calories today than they did in the past.

#22 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,425 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

I don't have a whole lot of pity for smokers and fat people...

New "healthcare stuff" has caused a ton of layoffs to occur in January. Thank reductions in reimbursement for that. Quest Diagnostics did theirs in October...and bigger hammers are dropping. Smaller areas will be hit soon.

#23 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,988 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

I'm pretty scared, we haven't had our health benefits talk in my office yet and our benefits are supposed to renew in february.

#24 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Smoking is ALWAYS a choice. To say it is not shows complete ignorance.

Thanks old wise one. Ignoranced can be fixed.

Prick! Being a prick can't.

#25 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

I don't have a whole lot of pity for smokers and fat people...

New "healthcare stuff" has caused a ton of layoffs to occur in January. Thank reductions in reimbursement for that. Quest Diagnostics did theirs in October...and bigger hammers are dropping. Smaller areas will be hit soon.

I know lots of obese people. None want to be obese.

#26 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I'm pretty scared, we haven't had our health benefits talk in my office yet and our benefits are supposed to renew in february.

It was designed to kick your ass AFTER the ellection. Hang on.

#27 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,022 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

It was designed to kick your ass AFTER the ellection. Hang on.

Well it was either this or the concentration camps Romney would put 40% of the poors in.. But hey he ran a business even though he passed the same fugin bill in his state. Skull n Bones + Mormon = voldermort

#28 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Well it was either this or the concentration camps Romney would put 40% of the poors in.. But hey he ran a business even though he passed the same fugin bill in his state. Skull n Bones + Mormon = voldermort

Ric is that you? First I've heard about those. You got a link?

#29 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,902 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

need a link cause this slanderous!

#30 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,425 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

I know lots of obese people. None want to be obese.

The obese I know are pretty well known to order enough for my family of four alone, and have very good jobs where there's no way in hell they'll ever burn all those calories. I'd bet that the vast majority of their daily caloric burns come from bathing and toilet visits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com