Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Im-Alweys-R8

Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft! *updated*

32 posts in this topic

Think through it guys. For someone to want our pick, they most likely want to jump in front of New Orleans. Since NO is going to a 3-4, they need a lot of D, with the building blocks being a NT and rushing OLB.

Who else needs that badly enough to jump NO?

All it takes is a team that falls in love with a particular defensive prospect or anyone for that matter. If there is a team that goes crazy for let's say Datone Jones, Hunt, or Ansah, I could see someone trying to move up to the mid-teens. The Steelers, Cowboys, & Saints could all use defenders and a team later in the 1st could try and leapfrog them to grab one of the DEs or something.

yeah it would have to be a dt or de......that they would want to trade up for.

Trades are hard to predict, especially in January. I actually believe there's a good chance we move down in the draft unless we fall in love with a player, or my personally favorite, Chance Warmack falls. Teams are always looking for 3-4 OLB that can rush and it seems these guys rise faster than others. Dion Jordan, Ezekiel Ansah and Barkevious Mingo seem to be guys who might fall to #14 and entice a trade up from a 3-4 team.

DWill and Beason are not tradeable before June 1st, so forget that.

It is also extremely unlikely that Stewart could be traded. His contract is structured so that last year and this year are dirt cheap, but then guaranteed $ kick in and he gets expensive. We can't take the hit to absorb that guaranteed money, so we'd have to find a team willing to accept that, and I don't see that happening even if we gave him away for a 7th.

DWill and Beason are not tradeable before June 1st, so forget that.

It is also extremely unlikely that Stewart could be traded. His contract is structured so that last year and this year are dirt cheap, but then guaranteed $ kick in and he gets expensive. We can't take the hit to absorb that guaranteed money, so we'd have to find a team willing to accept that, and I don't see that happening even if we gave him away for a 7th.

maybe lions or bengals lol

The first trade scenario that might make sense would the the Steelers wanting to move up in front of NO to get the rush OLB. Their guys are all old and they definitely need some new blood there.

That would move us down only a few spots but might get us a third but we might give back a 5th. Pretty good chance we could still get the same targeted guy at 17 we were looking at with the 14th pick

dion jordan is the guy maybe??^^^

1 person likes this

trading down is the number 1 thing im praying for besides star falling. it would allow us to address OL, DT, and WR with quality picks if they were all from the first two rounds.

Well, Pittsburgh might be out as they also need a NT. Casey Hampton retiring. Probably need to rework their front 7 and need quite a few guys.

But, yes, Dion Jordon was who I had in mind earlier

• Topics

• I'm not saying Redskins were good, just that our team was terrible, and worse than a bad Redskins team. Without James in the lineup, we allowed a historic amount of yards to the Falcons. No other team did that. I'd say that game showed us what our supporting cast was like. It was really really bad. And Bradberry, as a rookie, was the difference in us getting better.
    • The irony is he killed a white guy and maybe 2.He isnt as efficient as those guys that mowed down that bus full of people on the way to a monastery.  I think we forgot that thread already. 
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Micah2007