Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why do i continue to do it?

33 posts in this topic

Posted

I was in NH.

The Saturday before was in a bar there with a Panthers' jersey on...most of the people were really nice except for one guy, running his mouth, 'panthers don't belong. Pats will kill them'.

I remember saying, 'Pats may win, but it will not be a blowout'.

I seriously thought about that jerk during the game and wish it had a different ending but I take some comfort in knowing he probably peed his pants a few times.

I have hated the Patriots ever since, always have, always will, and I believe they cheated too.

Of course, some of our line was supposedly on 'roids, so who knows.

Yep Fox and that timeout, i knew it the minute he did it, not good.

Heh. I was in CT. The pain was lessened for me because several people like the guy you mentioned gave me 21 points.

Posted

Man. I remember believing we could win even after the timeout and OB kickoff. I told my wife, "we got 'em right where we want them."

These were the cardiac cats. They had been winning nail biters all year long.

Posted

maybe hope for a different result?

Posted

I just don't understand rewatching games at all. Haven't seen that superbowl since it was played. No point.

Posted

I drunk cried and about got in a fight with a Patriots fan at the bar...good times..good times

Posted

Heh. I was in CT. The pain was lessened for me because several people like the guy you mentioned gave me 21 points.

And it was cold as bloody hell up there too...remember going to grocery store Saturday before and it was like minus ten. Without the wind chill.

Posted

all though most believe kasay lost that game, it was John Fox's timeout after the long pass play to prohel that gave New England like 40 more seconds. Without those seconds, the game would have ended and Carolina would have been Superbowl Champs.

Also Fox going for the 2 point conversion twice. What a dumbass.

Posted

I'll probably go to my grave believing they had film on us.

Brenston Buckner said Brady seemed to know exactly what was coming, even in formations and sets that they had only installed that very week.

Still hope the whole truth comes out on that front someday (I don't think it has). But even if it doesn't, as long as the Patriots record of no post-Spygate championships continues, I will be in full-on point and laugh mode :lol:

Same here, they had film on the Rams and they were busted for spygate long after SB 38, so that combined with comments like those from Buckner makes it easy to assume they did some extra scouting on us (aka "cheating").

...and even with all that working against us, we still came very close to beating them.

I know that there are other things that could have been done during that game to change the outcome, but I will never forgive Kasay for kicking that ball out bounds.

Posted

Same here, they had film on the Rams and they were busted for spygate long after SB 38, so that combined with comments like those from Buckner makes it easy to assume they did some extra scouting on us (aka "cheating").

...and even with all that working against us, we still came very close to beating them.

I know that there are other things that could have been done during that game to change the outcome, but I will never forgive Kasay for kicking that ball out bounds.

Remind me. Didn't Sauerbrun handle kickoffs for most of that season?

Wonder why the change or the Super Bowl.