#1 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

http://www.latimes.c...,0,977110.story

Ever wonder why the only thing the mainstream media decides to report have to do with white/black violence. They don't seem to mind when it is black on black or latino on black.

Not sure if it just doesn't make an interesting story for the evening news or is counter to some agenda.

What say the Huddle?

#2 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Ever wonder why when someone says "why doesn't the mainstream media report this" it's usually followed by confirmation bias and specious arguments and little to no evidence to support it?

What say the huddle?

#3 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Just seems odd that it doesn't seem to count to most people if it is minority on minority. Is that fair? Is it still not a life lost? Or the actual life is not the real story for most of the media?

#4 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,778 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

what specific agenda do all these journalists, editors, film crews, and broadcasters all happen to have in common that makes exercises of advancing it so uniformly simple? honest question

#5 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

he just made some pretty bold claims with no evidence (except common sense and anecdotes) and made the conclusion that there's a conspiracy involved against white people I guess

no point in responding when he has framed the argument to suit his own trolling purposes

#6 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

I think they are trying to get the biggest bang for the buck. People dying are not their concern, not a story, they don't give a rip. The real story, one that someone might be interested in, as evidenced by many on the Huddle, is only white/black crime. They can lead the news with it and act like they care about a death, but really, that is just to advance their story.

How much grief has taken place in Chicago for instance over the last 10 years? Probably 3-4000 people. More than 9/11, but not newsworthy. Just an observation. It is like a black man is worth nothing unless a white man kills him. You tell me, what does that show?

#7 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Ha y'all see what I mean, right?

He wants you to play his little game even though he's made a poo ton of fallacies to get to that point. Instead of asking him to back up his argument, he wants you to focus on the completely innocent "Hey what's up with that do you think it's a conspiracy or what?" instead of what actually matters.

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

#8 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Ha y'all see what I mean, right?

He wants you to play his little game even though he's made a poo ton of fallacies to get to that point. Instead of asking him to back up his argument, he wants you to focus on the completely innocent "Hey what's up with that do you think it's a conspiracy or what?" instead of what actually matters.

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

What is it that actually matters here?

#9 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Ever wonder why the only thing the mainstream media decides to report have to do with white/black violence. They don't seem to mind when it is black on black or latino on black.

@Kurb would take this quote at face value?

#10 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

http://www.chicagotr...0,3833533.story

this happens almost daily and Chicago is continually ranked as one of the most murderous cities on earth.

You'd think 60 Minutes for example, would be all over it. Why not Rahm Emanuel having to answer for this? Do these folks not matter? Again, every life matters, not just the ones killed by caucasions. But, my beef again is that we just brush it off unless a white guy is involved. There, I would say, yes, the media does not see a story unless white/black is involved.

#11 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,872 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Just seems odd that it doesn't seem to count to most people if it is minority on minority. Is that fair? Is it still not a life lost? Or the actual life is not the real story for most of the media?

People are really going to have to rethink "minority on minority" assumptions.

By the end of 2013 there will be more Mexicans in California than Whites due to illegal immigration and birth rates.
Mexicans will no longer be the minorities.
Blacks and Whites will.

California is simply ahead of the curve compared to other states as is usual in many trends.

According to figures revealed in California Gov. Jerry Brown's 2013-14 budget proposal, the number of Hispanics will be equal to the number of whites by July of this year--39% of Californians will be Hispanic and 39% will be white then. By the end of the year, the number of Hispanics will outnumber whites.
In addition, the report found that 80% of Hispanics in California are younger than 50, compared to only 73 percent of whites.

#12 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

what story was on 60 minutes that involved w/b violence that shouldn't have been covered do you think?

#13 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

You know, the one where hundreds of blacks were killed each year by whites....errr, I mean, Travon was killed by a "white" guy in FL.

At least Travon counted, none of the others do according to the media and you SZ. So wierd

#14 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Really I could just reword the OP to fit whatever stupid argument I wanted to make and it would be just as true and carry the same weight

"How come the media doesn't report white on white crimes? It happens every day and it's by far the most common.

Link that confirms my own prejudice:http://www.theroot.com/views/why-don-t-we-talk-about-white-white-crime

What say the huddle? Conspiracy or no?"

#15 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

and for your one example, the one in which you base your entire argument off of, you cite Zimmerman, a latino.

you are a goddamn idiot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com