#16 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,421 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

and for your one example, the one in which you base your entire argument off of, you cite Zimmerman, a latino.

you are a goddamn idiot

whoa, now you are sounding like fieryprophet dude poster guy

#17 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

@Kurb would take this quote at face value?

*shrug*
I rarely take an posts here at face value. Most I take with 0 value TBH.

Did you assume he meant to troll based of disagreeing with his ideas in other posts?

#18 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,282 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Really I could just reword the OP to fit whatever stupid argument I wanted to make and it would be just as true and carry the same weight

"How come the media doesn't report white on white crimes? It happens every day and it's by far the most common.

Link that confirms my own prejudice:http://www.theroot.com/views/why-don-t-we-talk-about-white-white-crime

What say the huddle? Conspiracy or no?"

You prove my point. It is not the death that the media cares about, only the possibility of racism. They pose in front of the cameras like they care about the lives lost, but again, probably won't even show up unless there is a "bigger" story.

#19 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,119 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

*shrug*
I rarely take an posts here at face value. Most I take with 0 value TBH.

Did you assume he meant to troll based of disagreeing with his ideas in other posts?

nah I don't think stirs trolls when you go by the actual definition.

trolling is when you say stupid stuff on purpose. stirs actually believes in what he says so...

#20 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,282 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

and for your one example, the one in which you base your entire argument off of, you cite Zimmerman, a latino.

you are a goddamn idiot

If George Zimmerman had been Jorge Mendendez, then the the Travon tragedy would never have gotten off the ground. The media, in its rush for a "story", saw Zimmerman and immediately reported it as a white guy. It was only later that they figured out he was part latino.

I just have a less than flattering view of the media. Foxnews included.

#21 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

whoa, now you are sounding like fieryprophet dude poster guy

If that were the case I'd have way more rep for what amounts to just blind homerism

#22 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,282 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

nah I don't think stirs trolls when you go by the actual definition.

trolling is when you say stupid stuff on purpose. stirs actually believes in what he says so...

Well, quit flopping around like a fish out of water and tell me how great and even handed the media is in the Chicago killings? If you cannot do more than call names, then.....

#23 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

If George Zimmerman had been Jorge Mendendez, then the the Travon tragedy would never have gotten off the ground. The media, in its rush for a "story", saw Zimmerman and immediately reported it as a white guy. It was only later that they figured out he was part latino.

I just have a less than flattering view of the media. Foxnews included.

Yes, only "if" his name were that I'm sure your bias would be comfirmed in this fantasy hypothetical.

Sure.

#24 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

I think this discussion would probably go better if not started by a poster that constantly promotes bigotry.

#25 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

What you posted looks like a pretty clear hate crime to me.

The Zimmerman case was also a pretty clear hate crime or at the very least suspicious self-defense bullshit that wasn't treated as such by the authorities and that's why it got so much coverage.

I don't know what you want. You say 60 minutes etc. devotes too much time to w/b crime and not enough of everything else but you only came up with one example, and it didn't even apply.

You can say the media has a racist agenda because of one story about a dude in Florida but that's your thing I guess.

#26 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,282 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

I think this discussion would probably go better if not started by a poster that constantly promotes bigotry.

Might have a hard time proving that one, but no worries, you won't be questioned.

#27 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Link?

#28 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,282 posts

What you posted looks like a pretty clear hate crime to me.

The Zimmerman case was also a pretty clear hate crime or at the very least suspicious self-defense bullshit that wasn't treated as such by the authorities and that's why it got so much coverage.

I don't know what you want. You say 60 minutes etc. devotes too much time to w/b crime and not enough of everything else but you only came up with one example, and it didn't even apply.

You can say the media has a racist agenda because of one story about a dude in Florida but that's your thing I guess.

Get the large chip off you shoulder there for a minute.

Go back and look at my Zimmerman posts. You are a bit blinded. I said that the deaths are not as important to the media as a racial story they can attribute to it. If there is not a white/black element, it gets very little coverage. Not what they should be doing in my opinion.

#29 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,119 posts

yeah I'd say he backed up his argument just as good as you did

#30 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

The media wants sensationalism.

What's going to get more attention: an argument getting heated and a white guy draws a gun on a black guy....
Or a white skinhead deliberately targeting a black guy because he's black?

The only agenda is to report what sells.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com